SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Mariner 60 HP Intermediate warning beep

5/25/20 @ 3:25 PM
INITIAL POST
JIG 4 Eyes
User since 5/25/20

I have a mariner 19992 60 hp outboard. While on the water yesterday on the way back to the landing my motor had an intermediate beep start the motor is running fine it’s not overheating but it is a constant beep while the motor is running and if I shut the motor down and just turn the key to the run position. The oil reservoir is full and the motor starts and runs fine. I need help to troubleshoot the problem.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
6/15/20 @ 5:03 PM
clayt50
User since 1/23/12

Did you manually look at the oil level? 

6/2/20 @ 2:43 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Jig4eyes, did you ever determine what the problem was on your motor ?

5/25/20 @ 7:47 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

When I fixed mine, it helps to have a screwdriver with an extremely long shank, and a piece of wood dowel, 1/8" diameter ? Pretty long piece. You will see why.

5/25/20 @ 7:44 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Jig, mine was the intermittent beeping, NOT continuous. I believe that signifies a low oil sensor, so if your oil reservoir is pretty full, I would look at that first. Apparently that is a somewhat common item for mariner motors.

5/25/20 @ 7:10 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Jig, scroll down a little bit to under dash alarm continuously sounding. There is a video on how to solve the low oil sensor problem.

5/25/20 @ 7:09 PM
JIG 4 Eyes
User since 5/25/20

Was your warning an intermediate beep, beep, beep, beep not a continuous beeeeeeeep.

5/25/20 @ 6:43 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Jig, I had the same issue with a 1993 mariner 40 hp with the oil injection. My issue was there is a low oil sensor inside the oil tank. The sensor is basically a large metal washer glued to a cork. If the glue fails on that, the washer drops to the bottom of the oil reservoir and the motor then reads that as low oil level. The trick is to get that washer and cork glued back together. If you google it, it will explain how to correct that problem without spending over $100 on a new oil tank. I fixed mine for about $5 and a couple hours of time. It's a little tricky, but can be fixed easily if you watch some videos. It does require that you pull the oil reservoir tank off the motor.

I hope that is your problem, since it's a easy fix.

Good luck.

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE