SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Lund boat trailer

6/19/20 @ 12:36 PM
INITIAL POST
suburban2
User since 8/6/11

I have a 2018 Lund Rebel XS boat with a 75 HP outboard, on a Lund trailer. I have had problems loading my boat. I had a terrible time this week loading it, no matter how deep or shallow I loaded the boat as I loaded and unloaded it perhaps 8 times that day. I found that the bunks bolts had come loose during this trying time. So I tightened them and tried another 2 or 3 times to load the boat. Basically, what happens is that when I start to crank the winch to load the boat as the boat gets closer to the winch the rear end of the boat tilts towards the port side of the trailer until it touches the wheel bumper (see picture attached). I am looking for advice as to the amount of slant (in degrees) the bumpers should have (if any) to make the loading of the boat improved. 

Sorry for the photo I cannot upload it vertically.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts
7/12/20 @ 8:21 AM
shortcircuit
User since 6/3/09

hello   what i did is get my selfone of the of those unit that when you drive up on your trailer it lock the boat on the eye in the front works great

6/21/20 @ 12:08 AM
Riverhunt
User since 2/19/08

Suburban2 unload your boat off the trailer and tie up to a slip out of the way of the launch. pull your trailer up to somewhat level ground and stand behind your trailer and look at how your bunks are positioned. The left side bunks might be slightly lower than the level of the right side bunks which would cause your boat to shift that way when loading your boat on the trailer. If they are lower, adjust the left bunks by raising them up an inch or two. That may be all that is needed to correct the situation. Hope that helps.

Riverhunt

6/20/20 @ 1:24 PM
wldh
User since 3/14/08

Get a set of polymer bunk glides by SURFIX on Amazon you won't have to put your trailer in as deep and there slippery so they help center the boat and launching will be like a roller trailer . Also you may have get you weight even so boat isn't heavy on one side. Iv'e had many trailers and boats  in 50 years and bunks in my opinion are best because I many times fish alone.

6/20/20 @ 5:15 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Now I know why I ordered a roller trailer when I got my boat. I launch and load alone at times and the roller trailer self centers every time. It has not failed me yet.

6/19/20 @ 9:05 PM
mopesrus
User since 4/8/13

I have a Crestliner I transport on  trailer made by ShoreLandr. It has four bunks, two on each side. The bunks are mounted to a fixture I'd describe as a yoke which is bolted to the frame of the trailer. I've adjusted the mounting bolts on the front and rear yokes so that they are just barely snug. When the boat is off of the trailer, the bunk assemblies rock toward the centerline of the trailer under their own weight. As I load the boat, the bunks follow the lines of the hull and rotate outward thus centering the boat. If there is a strong crosswind or current I compensate by backing the trailer into the water a bit less. 

When launching, I back down ramp just enough so the boat floats off of the trailer. Usually the trailer tires will be submerged between 2/3 to 3/4. Make a mental note of the water level at the point your boat floats off of the trailer without assistance. 

When recovering, my tires are about 1/2 submerged (shallower than launch).

I drive onto the trailer at low speed. In gear, at idle, it usually moves about 2.5mph.

If I happen to be a bit crooked, I pause for a moment. The next wave or my wake hits the transom and usually causes the boat to settle in.

I hope this helps and doesn't seem too convoluted. Good Luck!

6/19/20 @ 5:27 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

What was posted below, plus check your weight distribution on the port side. Also, they make self-centering rollers that help.

6/19/20 @ 1:37 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

Same boat and problem when I first had my boat. Side bunks had like 4 to 6 inches of play on both sides. Solution was to get the boat dead center on the trailer. I able to drag it to center by grabbing the back side and using my entire body pushing off the trailer can inch my boat to center. Then move your side guide bunks, so they are within 1 inch of each side of the boat. Even on an uneven launch my boat now centers perfectly after moving the side bunks in.

Displaying 1 to 14 of 14 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE