Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Lund boat trailer

6/19/20 @ 12:36 PM
ORIGNAL POST
suburban2
User since 8/6/11

I have a 2018 Lund Rebel XS boat with a 75 HP outboard, on a Lund trailer. I have had problems loading my boat. I had a terrible time this week loading it, no matter how deep or shallow I loaded the boat as I loaded and unloaded it perhaps 8 times that day. I found that the bunks bolts had come loose during this trying time. So I tightened them and tried another 2 or 3 times to load the boat. Basically, what happens is that when I start to crank the winch to load the boat as the boat gets closer to the winch the rear end of the boat tilts towards the port side of the trailer until it touches the wheel bumper (see picture attached). I am looking for advice as to the amount of slant (in degrees) the bumpers should have (if any) to make the loading of the boat improved. 

Sorry for the photo I cannot upload it vertically.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/12/20 @ 8:21 AM
shortcircuit
User since 6/3/09

hello   what i did is get my selfone of the of those unit that when you drive up on your trailer it lock the boat on the eye in the front works great

7/11/20 @ 12:06 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
User since

This is my first shoreliner trailer

It's getting out of your truck on the driver side hook up the trailer 

my tongue jack was on the other side

And the swing away tongue swung on the wrong direction

So I finally corrected these issues

7/1/20 @ 6:37 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
User since

I had sent an email into shorelandr

Questioning that bunks we're loose

The dealer said that's how they come

Shorelandr no they should not be

Dealer full of

6/21/20 @ 7:26 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
User since

If his shoreliner the same model is mine the bunkheights are fixed non-adjustable , The only thing he could have wrong is the bunk is in the wrong hole there are three holes to spread the distance

6/21/20 @ 12:08 AM
Riverhunt
User since 2/19/08

Suburban2 unload your boat off the trailer and tie up to a slip out of the way of the launch. pull your trailer up to somewhat level ground and stand behind your trailer and look at how your bunks are positioned. The left side bunks might be slightly lower than the level of the right side bunks which would cause your boat to shift that way when loading your boat on the trailer. If they are lower, adjust the left bunks by raising them up an inch or two. That may be all that is needed to correct the situation. Hope that helps.

Riverhunt

6/20/20 @ 1:24 PM
wldh
MEMBER since 3/14/08

Get a set of polymer bunk glides by SURFIX on Amazon you won't have to put your trailer in as deep and there slippery so they help center the boat and launching will be like a roller trailer . Also you may have get you weight even so boat isn't heavy on one side. Iv'e had many trailers and boats  in 50 years and bunks in my opinion are best because I many times fish alone.

6/20/20 @ 6:00 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
User since

On bunk trailers and roller trailers have same problem

Waves and current can keep the boat off the back of the trailer

Without side roller guides, or side bunks guides and guide posts

Side Roller guides that are behind the wheel of the trailer and side bunks mounted behind the back wheel sometimes are too far down in the water to keep the back of boat on

Side bunks that mount over the top of the wheel help prevent this problem but sometimes get in the way of people trying to get in out of their boat

Guide post are mounted on the corners of the trailer long and tall preventing the back end from ever coming off the trailer end

they do help when you are backing in your trailer into the water

They also aid you in when you load your boat because they are a goal post that you just drive the boat through onto the trailer

Boat manufacturers like Lund , Alumacraft and crestliner and others that use shorelandr trailers are most likely to have a guidepost installed from the factory seems like they're switching more out of side bunks guides

I learned it from getting my new boat this year was not even thinking what was on the trailer 

It was a good thing that I had them this year so far I came back from fishing The landing that I was on was getting hit by whitecaps

I wasn't even able to keep the boat on the dock

But putting the boat on a trailer was a breeze

6/20/20 @ 5:15 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Now I know why I ordered a roller trailer when I got my boat. I launch and load alone at times and the roller trailer self centers every time. It has not failed me yet.

6/19/20 @ 9:48 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
User since

Guidepost normal install

They're about 2  inches from the top side of the of the boat

The top of the rails line the center of the boat to the trailer

Since it's guided by the top of the rails you don't have to worry about waves knocking off center on the trailer it's perfect every time

People think those are install for people to aid in backing up but they have another purpose

Not like side bunks which yours appear to be trying to mimic

and if you want them returned back to their proper height it's pretty easy just new PVC pipe that slides over the steel pipe underneath it

6/19/20 @ 9:45 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
User since

Yes that is a shorelandr trailer

The bunks on that I'm told are supposed to be loose there's self centering

Your problem is the guidepost that come with your boat are too far out they need to be pushed inward

They need to be about 2 in from the boat side when the boat is Center on the trailer

but what really is odd those guidepost normally are about 70 in tall from the ground up

Those look like they've been cut down

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.