SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Livewell problem

6/10/21 @ 5:25 PM
INITIAL POST
rjdrez2
User since 12/1/06

I have a 87 tracker V-17.  The live well will not fill.  The pump was replaced when the problem 1st began, but that didn't fix it.  The pump works and if I remove the hose from the pump it pushes water and it will fill the well.  If I turn off the pump I have to do the same thing to get it working again.  I'm going to replace the fill hose and see if that solves the problem, but I was just wondering if anybody else had any suggestions I hadn't thought of.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
6/11/21 @ 7:29 AM
WelderGuy
WelderGuy
User since 12/19/10

At first I was thinking maybe you have a clog in front of the pump but you said it filled when you took it off so the only other thing would be that it’s air locked and won’t prime as others have said. So yeah X4 on air locked. 

6/10/21 @ 9:08 PM
rjdrez2
User since 12/1/06

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

6/10/21 @ 8:50 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

X3, air locked.

I always have to go in reverse to get my live well to prime.

6/10/21 @ 8:25 PM
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02

X2 air locked. When trying to fill on the water, try starting the main motor and hit it hard in reverse while pump is on. U want to try and force water into the pump so it “primes” itself. It’s happened to me many times and this solves it... for me anyway 

6/10/21 @ 7:40 PM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

It sounds like your pump is air bound.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE