MORE
Boats & Motors

Livewell for 2006 Alumacraft 175 Dominator

1/2/21 @ 5:58 PM
INITIAL POST
Pops23
Pops23
User since 8/5/18

I am purchasing a 2006 Alumacraft 175 Dominator that has issues with the live well at the bow. Its operated by a cable and plunger from an on/off switch located on the side of the boat just before the casting platform. The guy i'm buying the boat from said the cable that operates the drain plunger inside the livewell is disconnected. Does anyone have any experience/solution to this problem ?

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
1/20/21 @ 11:44 AM
Hooky
User since 12/17/01

Best of Luck! I have a Navigator with the same setup which is getting stiff. Have my fingers crossed> Please let us know if you find the fix. Hopefully you wont have to remove the livewell.

1/11/21 @ 12:18 PM
Pops23
Pops23
User since 8/5/18

Thank you Sniper. I will look into that for the fix.

1/9/21 @ 9:17 PM
sniper
User since 10/17/01

If it's set up the same as my competitor, the cable should be connected to a red plastic drain valve that lays on the bottom of the boat behind the livewell. The cable has a wire hook at the end that once inserted through a small hole on the side opens and closes the valve. On my boat it can be accessed by removing the battery tray found under the front rod locker. Take out the four screws found in each corner of the battery tray (inside the battery box). Once the bottom tray is removed you'll see a small cutout that gives you access to the valve.

1/6/21 @ 6:39 PM
Pops23
Pops23
User since 8/5/18

Thanks for the suggestions. The lever that should operate the plunger in the livewell seems to have no tension on it. I'm guessing the cable has broken or came loose somehow.

1/6/21 @ 4:24 PM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I'm not familiar with livewells like that but is there a way where you can just manually put in and take out a plug at the bottom the livewell? That's what I do on my boat, the only downside is getting a wet arm up to your elbow if the water is cold to remove the plug. 

1/6/21 @ 1:58 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

If there is not easy access to valves and cable , you will have a costly repair. You either have a seized cable or valve assembly.  If it's disconnected,  something must not be moving freely like it should , and further diagnoses would be required to find out what the problem is  

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE