SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

live well

6/13/21 @ 4:45 PM
INITIAL POST
philwild
User since 6/13/21

i just bought a 2002 fisher avenger boat cant seem to find the live well switch for the back livewell anybody know where it is?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
6/15/21 @ 9:50 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

Yes, if you have power to the switch, you next need to check to make sure you have power at the pump. If you do, then my guess is the pump is seized (hard or dirty water, lack of use, freezing in winter can all cause this). If the pump does work, then you have a plugged or cracked hose between the pump and the livewell. Again...age, rough waves and freezing (or a combination thereof) are generally the culprit for those corrugated hoses cracking.

6/15/21 @ 9:30 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Don't know how handy you are , or what you have to gear,  I would use a meter and check if there is a complete path through the switch or not before changing switch and I would also check for power at the pump, fuses , and ground before replacing anything , I am 30 year mechanic so something like this I do just about every day. With the boat being a little older there is a chance that something broke inside the pump itself or you have a clog in the plumbing from the stern to the pump and after the pump. It's pretty easy to check it all yourself 

6/15/21 @ 8:28 PM
philwild
User since 6/13/21

only have one switch its at the front of the boat. i have the boat out of the water but cant hear the pump running when i turn the switch on.im getting voltage to the switch im thinking the switch might be bad,not sure the best way to check it

6/14/21 @ 4:46 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

I have seen them both with separate switches and with a shutoff ball valve inside the livewell. If you only have one switch on the dash / control panel, then my guess is there is a valve inside the livewell itself (maybe one, maybe both, depends on the manufacturer). It may also be an 'all-or-nothing' system as well, where one pump fills both livewells and you cannot pick and choose which one is filled. Either way, I'd check inside the livewell, as the valve is USUALLY right by the spray head / nozzle that the water comes out of to fill the livewell.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE