Boats & Motors

Launch permits (dane county)

6/10/24 @ 7:59 AM
INITIAL POST
icefitchin
icefitchin
User since 12/13/03

Rookie question here......

I pulled the trigger on a new 1750 Fish hawk this weekend. So im not too familiar with whats needed for launching permits in Dane county.

What permit(s) will i need? A state and county?

Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts
6/11/24 @ 12:36 PM
Fishlovme
Fishlovme
PRO MEMBER User since 6/22/01
Dane County (and city of Madison, City of Monona launches) are all on one pass.  There's a resident pass or non-resident pass.  They call it a "lake access" permit because it's also good in the winter to access the lake at most of their launches (they close Babcock for the winter due to the river current, so they don't want you accessing there in the winter). There is no state launch permit, but your boat must be registered in the state you live in and they're good for 3 years.  The permit is 50 dollars for residents or 60 for non-residents.  I think it's 8 or 9 dollars a day if you just want to launch there once.  Some (or all???) launches have electronic kiosks now, so you can no longer just drop the money into an envelope, you have to pay at the kiosk.  Otherwise get the launch pass online (link attached)

Dane County Permits Online​​​
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE