MENU
Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Kicker Motor Fuel Line (add to main fuel line)

6/30/20 @ 8:06 AM
ORIGNAL POST
1700PROVEE
User since 5/16/10

Do I put in the T-valve before the primer bulb on the main motor or after? I'm going to call a dealer to verify. Any other details with this that I would need to know. Never did this before and don't want to miss something.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/1/20 @ 8:30 AM
1700PROVEE
User since 5/16/10

Thanks for the help guys... much appreciated! Main motor is a 2012 60 HP Etec. Not sure if that would matter.

6/30/20 @ 10:12 PM
EZ
MEMBER since 7/3/01

Another way would be to install a fuel /water separator filter.  Main fuel supply line in, and two lines out. No need for switching valves, with the bonus of filtering your gas.

6/30/20 @ 2:55 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Just remember to switch it back to your main when you take off for the dock. The first time I forgot and my main killed shortly after I got it on plane. I had an Oh No Moment for a few seconds before I remembered the valve.

6/30/20 @ 1:01 PM
_Troller
User since 4/22/02

Thanks BugleTrout. Pretty sure i'm going that route.

6/30/20 @ 12:23 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I was advised by a couple of boat mechanics to install a switching valve. Otherwise the main motor could suck air back through the kicker and/or vise versa which can cause damage. I assume by corrosion. Local shops have the valves but I found one on-line for about half of the price.

6/30/20 @ 9:03 AM
1700PROVEE
User since 5/16/10

Thanks for the post Fish Hound. No extra fuel line that I can see. Boat is a 1989 Lund Pro V 1700.

6/30/20 @ 8:29 AM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Check your fuel tank, there may be provision for a second fuel line so you do not have to "tee" it in. 

Heard many time's adding a tee is not generally a good idea because you could pull air back through the other motor. Most will recommend a fuel selector lever if no second line can be installed.

If you still decide to tee it in then certainly before the primer bulb which is also a back flow and would help with the air issue. Make sure to include a primer bulb for the kicker as well then.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 8 OF 8 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.