LOGIN
Lake-Link

I pilot recommendations

12/13/19 @ 7:03 AM
ORIGNAL POST
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

I have finally decided to pull the trigger on an I pilot. The feature I most need is the spot lock. Any suggestions? I really like the remote so is there any need for a foot controller? Also, how would you mount it to the bow of my boat? Thanks for the help.

Tim

DISPLAYING 11 TO 15 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
12/13/19 @ 10:37 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04

Thanks for the input. Sometimes it gets confusing trying to figure everything out and it is nice to hear others opinions. I am going to have a fabricator I know put diamond plate on the front so I have something permanent to mount to. I think the I pilot will make fishing a little less frustrating especially when it comes to wind and current.

12/13/19 @ 9:55 AM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

From the looks of the front of your boat, you will not have enough of a surface mounting plate. You will most likely have to build that up.

As far at the motor, you will be fine with a 12V and a group 27 or 31 battery. The foot pedal will help if you should have a problem with the hand remote.

12/13/19 @ 9:37 AM
RistoRap
User since 8/31/01

The Terrova w/I-pilot will come with both the remote and foot pedal. A Powerdrive w/I-pilot can only be used with the remote . Personally, I like to use the foot pedal when jigging the river so my hands are free, but use the remote when trolling. It's nice to have the foot pedal as back up in case there would ever be an issue with the remote.

As far as mounting to your boat, It's hard to tell from the pic, but I'm thinking you are going to need to add some type of plate or bar across the bow behind the factory plate to give you a little more surface area to bolt it down. Not sure how much area that current bow plate gives you to work with.

12/13/19 @ 8:52 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

It all depends what trolling motor you have or are getting. Go to Humminbird web site and start reading. Go to old Lake Link pages, it has been covered often!

DISPLAYING 11 TO 15 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.