Lake-Link
CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT FROM LAKE-LINK

Gas gauge not working

5/21/20 @ 5:11 PM
ORIGNAL POST
frenchbrit
frenchbrit
User since 7/24/01

My gas gauge on my tracker boat is not working. It worked fine when I put it in storage last fall. The forward livewell pump also is not working?? I have check fuses but all looks good. Mice wire chew? Are gas gauges fused to the fuse block?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
5/21/20 @ 8:49 PM
hntesox
hntesox
User since 1/11/02

Check grounds going to the gauge as well. Corrosion and loose wires. Also check power going to those. I have had mine work loose. USUALLY there is a keyed common power wire that goes to both when keyed power is on. Seems weird that both are out at same time. My bet is fuse, or common wire that feeds both. Either a ground or power wire. My power wire is blue but my boat is older and rewired so color may be wrong. Worth a start anyway. I had a very similar issue with gas gauge and hour meter. Was the power that feeds both at the back of the gauge. Hope it helps

5/21/20 @ 8:17 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Check your grounds and connections , I have had wires come lose for whatever reason . If fuses themselves are good , if you can make sure you got power going through that fuse , power going through switches . As far as gas gauge,  sending units do wear out over time because today's gas eats , well everything it comes in contact with 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.