SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Ford F150 backup trailer assist

5/21/20 @ 6:49 AM
INITIAL POST
s.s esox
User since 12/22/14

Do you have this and use it? Does it work? I don't have issues backing up my 18' boat but occasionally I have to back it up my long narrow drive way. I'm thinking  this may be the ticket. I'm hoping to get some real world advice from someone who has used it. I never really hear anyone raving about it so I'm guessing its one of those bells and whistles nobody really uses.  Thanks  

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
5/26/20 @ 8:05 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

thanks iatroller...! I'm shopping around for a new truck and that's something I was interested in

watched the video on how to set it up, that was interesting 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGe4lSj_lZU

5/25/20 @ 9:04 PM
iatroller
User since 5/13/09

I just bought a F150 with the protrailer back up.  I was a little suspect, but I have a 5x8 trailer for yard waste.  It has always been a sidewinder and jacknifer.  I set it up exactly by the instructions, and It tamed that trailer.  I have about a 30 yard lane and I can back it up and put it right back in the same place it previous was on the first try.  Haven't set it up for the boat yet but I am going to.

5/23/20 @ 8:31 AM
fetch-um-up
PRO MEMBER User since 2/19/06

I bit the bullet and bought my first new vehicle last week.  F150 Supercab XLT with 8' bed.  I'm perusing the owners manual as I find time and plan to give the Backup Assist a fair to in the next week........

5/21/20 @ 1:57 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

That is an interesting question.  I don't think it would work going up the long driveway, but then again, I may not know how the whole thing works.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE