Any good links or threads you recommend on buying a fishing boat?  My experience is all tiller driven mainly 14-16' no-frills boats.  Given I don't know what I don't know, I'm looking to buy cheap, used, but reliable to get me through a few years while I learn what I want in more permanent boat.  Don't even know motor size, so currently targeting 25-40 hp based on my experience and the size of lakes I'll fish (mainly Three Lakes).  I've got my list of must-have and nice-to-have for features.  Trying to keep the investment between $750 and $2000 with a reliable outboard and solid, no leak boat, and a simple trailer to get it in and out of the water 2x a year as the primary objective.

Biggest thing I'm researching is buying from a dealer vs. buying independent.  Facebook Marketplace and Craig's List have over 30 currently that match my needs.  My biggest concern is having never owned one, how to test drive, check the motor, check the boat, etc.  I've got 4-5 articles bookmarked for this, but looking from this group to see if there's any threads already out there or any quick advice for this newbie.  Thanks!