Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

I received this yesterday 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 31 posts
8/10/20 @ 2:15 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

You must have the Asian version of spell check. Sorry, I just can’t help myself. This is what retirement and nothing to do does to me.

What I don’t like about spell check is, when it doesn’t even know what I’m trying to say.

8/10/20 @ 10:01 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Spell check keeps changing Evinrude to Evenrude !

8/10/20 @ 9:57 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Read Evenrude E-Tec made in USA, Evenrude(15 and under) made in Japan read the label!

8/9/20 @ 7:44 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

If you have a Evinrude it was made in USA, if it is a Evenrude it was made in Japan. Sorry, couldn’t resist.

8/9/20 @ 7:27 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Mercury outboards make a ton of money repowering boats

Evinrude outboards corp complaints are people do not repower as often

Because they last longer

8/9/20 @ 5:45 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

People were worried about getting parts,if you have a smaller newer Evenrude they will be readily available! For the E-Tecs they were American made ,should be plenty of parts available! And most past dealers Can handle when needs arrive!

8/9/20 @ 5:30 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

GRANDAD what difference does it make any more they're out of the manufacturing business

8/9/20 @ 3:58 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

I did a little more research and nearest I could find was if it is an E-Tec it was made in USA ! Evenrude 15 and lower made in Japan,they were having a problem justifying the weight of the 25-30 and 15 Ho. E-Tecs,Witch was just a detuned 25,and we’re supposed to work a deal with Tohatsu like Mercury Did to make a lighter version of the 25-30 and eliminate the 15 Ho. Because of the weight! Do not know whatever happened after that! 

8/9/20 @ 3:39 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

My 60 Evinrude says USA.       CARPIO 

8/9/20 @ 3:17 PM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

There is an ID plate on the swivel tilt bracket between the clamp Assembly. It has serial # and country of manufacture, China, Japan or USA. FACTORY REP.said 30’s and under were made in Japan, same with Mercury. My 5 hp. Merc. Says Japan My 50 Evenrude says USA. My friends  50 Mercury says China.

8/8/20 @ 10:09 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

That is what I found too.

8/8/20 @ 5:21 PM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

When doing research for a new motor this spring I found that Tohatsu makes 15 hp and smaller four stroke motors for Evinrude. These are not E-Tecs and are the same Tohatsu motors made for Mercury.

8/8/20 @ 4:34 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Went over my 30 ETec with a fine tooth comb. Could not find the word Tohatsu, or Japan. I did find one part that read Mexico.

Could you please give me a web-site, article, or something to support your claim of Tohatsu manufacturing my motor?

8/8/20 @ 8:52 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

I have read everything I could find and cannot find anything stating that Tohatsu made any ETec motors for Evinrude. One article did state that BPR did sign an agreement for 15hp and down, but not the ETec models. I’m thinking they may have wanted to keep the ETec technology under wraps?

I will look at my 30hp ETec today.

8/7/20 @ 11:16 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Mercury makes 75 and up in FonDulac,40-60 in China,30 and down in Japan,Tohatsu ! Evenrude 30 and down Japan Tohatsu. Mercury four stroke 4 cyl  engines virtually Yamaha,check parts all the same! Info tag on engines showed where made on all engines! You will not find a 30 and under outboard made in America!

Displaying 1 to 15 of 31 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE