SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Evinrude oiltank

8/15/20 @ 8:38 AM
INITIAL POST
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10

I have a 60 exec tiller evinrude. My oil tank by the cap is cracked. I guess it’s a common thing. With the whole COVID thing, tanks are rare and on back order  don’t know when they are getting them in. Is there a way to fix this or any suggestions?

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
8/16/20 @ 3:23 PM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

JB Weld is good stuff, no question about that, but not sure that it will hold liquid...

Complete speculation here, but I’m wondering about 3m marine caulk.  

I would make sure the oil level is lower than the crack, clean it up nice and good with a degreaser, and then rubbing alcohol, and give it a whirl. Worst that could happen is that it will still leak, and at least you can get the caulk off to try something else if it doesn’t work...

JB Weld does not come off so easy

8/16/20 @ 7:34 AM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
User since 7/21/01

try posting an ad on craigslist wanted in the boat parts... I'm sure there are plenty of those sitting around.. I have 2 down here in Racine..

Jimmy

8/15/20 @ 1:06 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

I second that J.B. Weld Plastic weld works wonders , put a whole air intake assembly back together with the stuff, gotta mix it right for it to work , 

8/15/20 @ 10:50 AM
Paranoid Percher
User since 8/19/18

Tite Loc super glue and little duck tape snapped my ball from my Rammount on my trolling motor base  3MONTHS STILL HOLDING

8/15/20 @ 9:54 AM
bass2403
User since 10/15/03

JB weld has some plastic repair products that might work.

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE