SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Evinrude is no longer

5/27/20 @ 8:13 PM
INITIAL POST
slonezp
User since 2/10/07

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/05/27/2039793/0/en/BRP-Advances-Marine-Strategy-by-Focusing-on-Boats-and-New-Technologies.html

Displaying 16 to 29 of 29 posts
5/29/20 @ 6:17 PM
1pass
User since 6/27/17

Put out a bad totally overrated product for years that is what happens. I predicted it bout 2 years ago. That they would be no longer.

5/29/20 @ 4:58 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

A friend of mine whose dealer is Action Marine told me that Mercury is absorbing Evinrude and will manufacture parts only as well as their dealers doing maintenance.    This is only second hand information as I cannot find any information confirming this.    Jalenskys in Ktown is my dealer and will still maintain the motors. CARPIO 

5/29/20 @ 11:42 AM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I am a Mercury guy, but still a sad day for competition.

5/28/20 @ 6:06 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

The ghost motor is totally stupid

It's just an inboard

What makes an outboard great the ability to lift it out of water

5/28/20 @ 2:02 PM
Derelict2
User since 8/12/05

Yeah this is really sad...awful in my opinion. Our Etec is the definition of easy starting and reliable use.

Been through this before with Polaris when they exited the marine industry. Things are fine at first...and service and parts availability is all good, then one day you wake up and ten years have gone buy and you can't find a damn thing.

Luckily I think there are plenty of etec's out there and hopefully we'll be able to keep them running for a long time.

5/28/20 @ 1:24 PM
Cambridge
User since 3/21/14

Love my ETEC, easiest starting engine I've ever had.  I'm on my 5th year with no issues. Torque wise these engines will beat any similar competitions engine.

5/28/20 @ 12:28 PM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

I'm really not understanding how this is covid related.  I sure would like to see outboard engines sales volume for 2019 per brand.  I read that overall in 2019 outboard sales hit a 13 year high and boat sales hit the 2nd highest total in the last 12 years.  I'm going to guess that the engine simply wasn't making them enough money.

5/28/20 @ 10:27 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

This is really too bad, I feel sorry for everyone that is losing their jobs because of this. But in all honesty of all the outboard brands out there, (Mercury, Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki), Evinrude was at the bottom of my list for what I would buy.  Just knew too many people that had problems with them and I never was a believer in the "3 year 300 hour no maintenance" they advertised. 

5/28/20 @ 10:02 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Both mine and my brothers ETec engines have been flawless. They will continue to make parts, plus there will be service providers. They are also honoring their warranties. This COVID-19 has really hit the bottom line for many company’s.

I just read where Ford had to shut down again due to it.

5/28/20 @ 7:45 AM
slonezp
User since 2/10/07

They claim they will honor warranty, but if their dealer network leaves, it's going to be difficult to find a shop that will do warranty work. 

5/28/20 @ 1:00 AM
Mcjimmis
Mcjimmis
User since 1/27/20

wondering what this “project ghost” is all about. Looks like it adds length to the boat and is essentially a stern drive? It’ll be interesting to see how they do it as they’re boasting new technology on the setup. 

5/27/20 @ 10:45 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Yeah just read the news , I cant believe it myself , but if you wanna place blame , here it is , BRP bought too much too soon to get back into the marine /boat business again besides just making outboard motors , then the Virus hit which pretty made things 10 times worse . Rinker,  Larson, and one other boat builder was bought besides Alumacraft and Mantiou pontoons and then shut down  all fibeglass boat production cause of the lack of products being sold for whatever reason. Sucks, glad I have a Yamaha now . 

5/27/20 @ 10:14 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

Well that sucks, I was an E-Tec fan too.  Only reason I bought an Alumacraft was that it came with one.  Guess for my next boat I can expand my search.

Displaying 16 to 29 of 29 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE