Lake-Link

Ethanol Free Gasoline

6/26/20 @ 6:20 AM
ORIGNAL POST
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
Casey's gas stations and pizza

Here is a website that actually list ethanol free gas stations

I was surprised to find a gas station now that carries non-ethanol gas and I thought I'd share it maybe you'd like to share stations you also found

Ethanol Free Gasoline

We are happy to provide our customers with ethanol free fuel to use in their cars, motorcycles, boats, and other small engines. Our 87 ethanol free and 91 ethanol free options are safe to use in all engine types.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/1/20 @ 12:23 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Well from my past experience running a 84 Evinrude 2 stroke and now a 2004 Yamaha 2 stroke , both with carbs , I still wont run anything lower than premium.  The ethanol gas does more damage to a carb then fuel injection,  even with some type of fuel treatment . Unless you are running 110 race gas , I highly doubt running premium would do damage to an outboard . Now being a mechanic  myself for 28 years I stand by my own experiences. 

7/1/20 @ 11:00 AM
TH98
TH98
User since 7/15/14

Higher Octane fuels are meant for higher compression engines.  If your engine is not running the compression needed for higher octane fuels your are wasting money.  Almost all outboards are designed to run on 87 Octane.

6/30/20 @ 7:46 PM
262 Fishing
262 Fishing
User since 8/10/18

mattw,

Be careful with that. I used to think the same thing, but recently learned higher octane also burns hotter and may burn too hot for your motor.

6/30/20 @ 12:26 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Always run premium 91 or better in older 2 stroke Evinrude and now 2 stroke Yamaha . The higher the octane the better the grade of gas , not all 91 or higher are ethanol free. And always use Seafoam or Stabil type product to keep fuel system clean regardless of type of fuel used . So if you can find ethanol free fuel , I recommend using it , but still use a stabilizer type product to keep the system clean 

6/27/20 @ 3:00 PM
Esox JJ
MEMBER since 6/4/05

That's a good idea Eyesman. I would need to use the extra can method because my truck and boat caps are on the opposite side of each other. Thanks, JJ

6/27/20 @ 11:08 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

When I get alcohol free fuel from a pump that has one hose to serve multiple different grades of fuel l put a couple of gallons of fuel in the truck before filling my tanks or cans, may not be perfect but should get the bulk of the alcohol containing fuel out of the pump and hose. That along with using SeaFoam with every tank or can has kept me away from fuel issues. Knock on wood. My boats have a portable tank, boats with a built in tank would be more difficult to use my method on. You could always put a few gallons in a can first and then fill the boat. I get my recreational alcohol free fuel at Fleet Farm. They have mid grade 89 octane and 91 octane alcohol free fuels. I use the 89 octane. 

6/27/20 @ 8:14 AM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

Is the 91 Octane good for a outboard? Would it burn too hot?

I noticed on the chart that most of the non-ethanol gas is 91 Octane.

6/27/20 @ 8:01 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07

Kwik Trip has it.

6/27/20 @ 7:46 AM
Esox JJ
MEMBER since 6/4/05

I have a couple of related questions. I have only seen a couple of stations that have three different hoses for each blend of gas. For the stations that have only one hose for all blends, how much fuel is in the hose before you get the ethanol free blend through the hose?  Is the amount with ethanol enough that it will damage the boats fuel system? Thanks , J J

6/26/20 @ 3:56 PM
gater
MEMBER since 11/25/07

Waynes on cottage grove road in Madison  has Ethanol free gas.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 11 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.