3/24/20 @ 9:33 AM
ORIGNAL POST
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
After 14 years of having a Yamaha 115 horse 4-stroke

I am switching to a 90 horse E-Tec

It comes with a 7 year warranty

Yes it has a recommended three-year service

here's a little warning for you people that change the plugs on your E-Tec the plugs have to be indexed into the right direction of the fuel injector

Any warnings or advice on E-Tec

DISPLAYING 51 TO 54 OF 54 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
3/25/20 @ 8:18 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

I'll be honest, I'm probably a fan-boy a little bit and I don't know a ton about newer Mercurys or Yamahas.  I have a 90HP H.O. Etec on my boat now and also an Etec Skidoo snowmobile.  

I like that I can start it with a turn of a key and not mess around with any choke or throttle.  Running and idling in a second.  I'm sure 4 strokes do that too, but I think its cool to have it in a 2 stroke.  Even though its unrelated, the snowmobile is the same way.  Lighter and faster than the 4 strokes, same startup functionality.

Winterizing is nice too.  Can even go out on a warm winter day and winterize it at the launch quick before heading home.

The only issue I had was software related.  I would be driving wide open and it would suddenly cut power and not go over half throttle, even if I punched it.  Then it would take off again.  The dealer gave it the latest software update and it has been fine since.  Took like 10 minutes.

3/24/20 @ 8:24 PM
wldh
MEMBER since 3/14/08

Great motor have a 2006 150 after 13 years had to replace vaper box high pressure pump lots hrs. on motor trouble was caused by ethanol in gas.  also fish with captain in gulf that has 4200 hrs on his 200 hp e-tec. I also have a 115 yamaha on saltwater boat great motor slow to get on plane but smooth also a 2002 50 hp merc. 2 stroke also a great motor quick on 15 ft. aluminum .    

3/24/20 @ 9:39 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
And one of the big reasons that I'm switching from a 4-stroke to a 2 stroke . I'm downsizing my boat size to alumacraft classic sport 16.5

It allows me to be able to pull it out of the garage much more easier and then when it's time to change out my truck I can get a smaller four-wheel drive

DISPLAYING 51 TO 54 OF 54 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.