MORE
Boats & Motors

Electronics rigging for tiller boat

10/17/21 @ 3:42 PM
INITIAL POST
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

I need some help deciding how to rig a new tiller boat. My thought is to put a side imaging at the helm and a panoptix or hummingbird mega 360 at the bow. I do fish from the bow 99% of the time. Is that the way to go or is there a better way?

thanks in advance

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
10/27/21 @ 9:47 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

JoeD funny you should ask.  On my Ranger my SI xducer was mounted on the step, no interference.  On my Tiller yes,I have to trim up a bit to clear the motor for the close to the boat views.      

10/20/21 @ 5:22 PM
Joe D
Joe D
PRO MEMBER User since 3/21/05

Zweigs, do you get any interference from the outboard on the side imaging?

10/18/21 @ 9:03 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I run a tiller, and I do not fish from the bow.  I have two Helix 12's with SI at the stern, I also have a Garmin Livescope at the stern as well.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE