MORE
Boats & Motors

Electric trailer doll??

9/7/21 @ 4:23 PM
INITIAL POST
chrome-dome
chrome-dome
User since 4/4/13

Anybody out there use an electric trailer dolly to easily move their boat trailer and or get it into a tight spot. Looked at a number of them so far. Most get mixed ratings. Looking for some first-hand experience.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
9/20/21 @ 8:11 PM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Checked with a friend that had one he liked, his reply 

"I don't have the electric dolly anymore. I don't need it for the Alumacraft. I had the Parkit360. It was really nice."

https://parkit360.ca/

9/12/21 @ 9:35 AM
Aluma1
User since 4/12/03

I have a trailer valet xl With the drill attachment. Works decent on concrete driveway. If you have a little lip by your garage. Make sure you have your surge brakes disabled. They make little magnetic blocks so they can not activate. Otherwise you can sit and spin with the brakes somewhat on. You have to be careful with drill attachment. Can be a wrist buster. You really want to use a heavy duty drill with it. Either the dewalt lithion hammer drill or Milwaukee  fuel drills. you Have to make sure you have it tightened well to the hitch. I leave the jack down but raised up. Just in case the trailer valet would come off. If I bought something else I would seriously consider the trax setup. Way batter then the 12 volt battery movers. For the trax just buy the battery’s local. Instead of getting them shipped in. https://traxpowerdolly.com/products-mb/tx6000-mb

9/11/21 @ 8:03 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

I am 70 years old and have a 18.5 AlumaCraft which I park in 25 x 30 metal building. The drive is on a very slight incline and I have to park on an blind angle. Got tired of struggling with the boat so I  bought a Tow Tuff ($799.00) this spring. Works well on level but needs a little assist on the incline. Does not work well on gravel surfaces. Price point was an issue and I am pleased with the overall performance of the unit. Good Luck

9/11/21 @ 4:57 PM
mail man
mail man
PRO MEMBER User since 3/14/13

Best Electric Dolly & simplest to use is," Trailer Valet RVR 5'' /  $2999.oo / at "etrailer.com"  / NO 12V batt., or Drill to operate / Rechargeable unit / Works with a small Remote /  If You have the $$$$$   ------       Had 5,000LB. unit from "Parkit.com", bit of a hassle to use, not worth the $$.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE