Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Drotto Latching System

2/11/17 @ 4:26 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Pioneer22
USER SINCE 5/28/07

I just bought a Lund Impact 1875.  Some of the lakes I fish in Norther WI have steep landings.  We always struggle getting the eye up to the front roller and snugging the boat up with the front winch.  The drotto seems like a reasonable way to solve this problem.  My question is, has anyone used these, and what have people heard about their reliability?  I'd hate to dump my new boat on a landing after trusting this to pull it out of a steep ramp.  It says it's rated up to 6500 pounds which would more than cover the weight of my boat.  Thanks...

DISPLAYING 21 TO 24 OF 24 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

5/2/22 @ 11:04 AM
Guidedfishing
USER SINCE 8/2/01

I have a Drotto on my Lund Mr Pike 17,  In order to install I had to slide the entire winch assemble ahead towards the truck about 2in to make it fit.  Its handy if you put in and land by yourself.  

You will need to practice with it a little, keep in mind that if the catch up front is pinned tight against the mechanism it will not release.  Also be careful until you get the hang of it, not as big of issue on your bunk trailer, but on a roller trailer you want to make sure you are well centered before you give it that extra little nudge forward to lock yourself in other wise you run the risk of running your boat up one side or the other.  If off center it could potentially dinging your hull.   Good for moving that short distance to put in and take out but still don't remove your strap and safety chain until you need to and put it on as soon as you can.  

Great product for keeping your feet dry, and potentially keeping your rig from being dropped on the deck at the landing.   I would not trust it to haul any distance.

5/2/22 @ 9:54 AM
Musky99
USER SINCE 8/8/11

Thinking about getting drotto for a 18ft Lund GL.

Any reviews on the drotto before I buy one?

Thanks!

DISPLAYING 21 TO 24 OF 24 POSTS
Advertise here
Okuma's new Ceymar HD spinning reels are lightweight and feature-packed with a corrosion-resistant frame, side plate and rotor. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar HD Spinning Reel
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.