SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Drilling in a boat

7/29/21 @ 8:43 PM
INITIAL POST
gobbler
PRO MEMBER User since 6/30/01

I've always found it interesting that people don't want to drill in a boat. Why would you care if mounting something (rails,etc). Holes are covered by device and if no chance of leaking who cares. Kind of like putting a bed liner in a truck, just hard on knees, doesn't drain well and when you trade in I never had a salesman say I would get less on a trade in because bed was scratched up.

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
7/29/21 @ 9:41 PM
fishhook
fishhook
PRO MEMBER User since 9/16/01

As the old saying goes, measure  twice,

cut/drill once,lol.

That’s the reference.

7/29/21 @ 9:02 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Well Gobbler to answer your question, and I am speaking from the fiberglass side of things , drilling holes in certain areas no matter how harmless it may seem , can cause things called cracks and they can become major problems later on in the life of the boat. There is so much force hitting the hull everytime you fly across a lake or river, hit a few waves and stuff can vibrate causing cracks and chips if the drilled hole is not done properly.  That's just my experience.  

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE