Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Drilling in a boat

7/29/21 @ 8:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
gobbler
MEMBER SINCE 6/30/01

I've always found it interesting that people don't want to drill in a boat. Why would you care if mounting something (rails,etc). Holes are covered by device and if no chance of leaking who cares. Kind of like putting a bed liner in a truck, just hard on knees, doesn't drain well and when you trade in I never had a salesman say I would get less on a trade in because bed was scratched up.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/29/21 @ 9:41 PM
fishhook
fishhook
USER SINCE 9/16/01

As the old saying goes, measure  twice,

cut/drill once,lol.

That’s the reference.

7/29/21 @ 9:02 PM
mattw
mattw
MEMBER SINCE 5/6/16

Well Gobbler to answer your question, and I am speaking from the fiberglass side of things , drilling holes in certain areas no matter how harmless it may seem , can cause things called cracks and they can become major problems later on in the life of the boat. There is so much force hitting the hull everytime you fly across a lake or river, hit a few waves and stuff can vibrate causing cracks and chips if the drilled hole is not done properly.  That's just my experience.  

DISPLAYING 1 TO 3 OF 3 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.