User since 5/11/08
Anybody else feel the same way.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 84 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

12/12/20 @ 12:33 PM
JamesD
JamesD
MEMBER since 2/16/04

Fished the Fox for walleyes Wednesday. Dragged the boat thru snow to stick it in the barn today.

12/3/20 @ 10:44 AM
262 Fishing
262 Fishing
User since 8/10/18

Assuming no skim ice this Saturday, I plan on hitting a local lake.  By noon (when I'm finally be free), temps should be around 40 and any skim should be gone.

12/2/20 @ 3:34 PM
prov
prov
User since 12/21/04

Yes getting the boat into storage i can see, i had to do that along time ago-when i kept mine in.I told them i wanted to be the last one in the barn so i could be the first out at any time.That didnt work so well so i decided to make my front yard a boat port-only go down halfway on the sides for easy wheel access.Its plugged in and battery ready at a moments notice.Never covered or winterized ready to fish-hell i have had the front yard snow plowed to get it out a few times.Leaving for the river at 4 am tomorrow-looks like the whole month of dec is going to be great-no snow

12/2/20 @ 3:07 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I goofed this year...

I have a semi heated garage, never freezes, and I winterized it in early November. Next year its not getting put away until ice gets on the lakes. I can easily launch and load without piers, i do it all the time. Should be out fishing today !!!!

12/2/20 @ 2:59 PM
candofish
User since 4/2/13

Moved down to the Madison area in June and the house we bought has a 4 1/2 car heated garage. My ranger 620 fits at a slight angle giving me room for my car and truck, plus all my toys. Had the boat out this morning. Caught a few crappies and a 32 inch northern. I will fish in the boat until it’s too cold or ice up. 

12/2/20 @ 8:53 AM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

I think a big part of it is if they need to get the boat into a storage facility before they fill up or if the boat stays outside like mine.  If I had a heated garage to park it in, I'd be using it year round!

11/29/20 @ 7:53 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

prov, i think you are correct. I think next year I'm going to wait until after deer hunting to store it.

11/29/20 @ 6:00 PM
prov
prov
User since 12/21/04

The best fishing for me is always last 2 weeks of november and first 2 weeks of december.I dont get why people put their boat away this time of year.Rivers are on fire..............

11/28/20 @ 3:32 PM
walleyeguy007
Thomas Droste
User since 1/1/06

Might put it away for a couple weeks in February. Maybe not at all if this weather stays the way it is. 

11/26/20 @ 11:39 AM
262 Fishing
262 Fishing
User since 8/10/18

Happy Thanksgiving! Still haven't put the boat away... Maybe next week. Kinda want to get out a few more times

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 84 POSTS
Advertise here
MEGA ImagingĀ® takes fish finding into the megahertz range for more detail and domination. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Imaging
Mojo Ice gets a face-lift for 2021; sporting a new carbon dust blank and flat finish reel seat. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - NEW Mojo Ice Rods
Built for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost in the design. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ICE FORCE - NEW Strikemaster Pro Suit
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.