Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Bow lights Too Short

6/30/21 @ 11:17 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Cold Front
USER SINCE 7/9/01

Put my bow lights on for the first time  a couple of weeks ago. I noticed that they are hardly visible from the port side due to the Ulterra sitting up there. I have not been able to find a long enough bow light to take the place of the 12.5 inch light that came with the new Yarcraft. Any ideas? I need about 3 inches more. Thanks. Mrt.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/27/21 @ 11:09 AM
earlyretirement
earlyretirement
USER SINCE 3/2/13

I read this and thought.... night time hunting in wisconsin??   Gots to love thee english language. 

7/27/21 @ 9:10 AM
hntesox
hntesox
USER SINCE 1/11/02

I have read that the LED light strips are not coast guard approved. If deciding to go that route, I’d check into it. IMO I would not go with just LED strips. Too many questions that you might have an issue with the wrong guy who is checking you. Why give them a reason to check you…

7/23/21 @ 7:06 PM
Zwiegs
USER SINCE 1/10/12

I'd get the red/green LED light strips or light bars and put on the side of the boat.  Then you don't have to worry about light pole.  I hve not heard that LED lights are not legal, many manufacutrers are putting them on these days.

7/10/21 @ 7:29 AM
sloshkosh
sloshkosh
USER SINCE 3/30/04
7/8/21 @ 4:49 PM
hntesox
hntesox
USER SINCE 1/11/02

All I did is buy a stern light and cut the top off and replaced the stern light top with the bow section (red/green). It’s very easy to do. Just cut the wires and reconnect and heat shrink.

7/8/21 @ 10:03 AM
JC-Wisconsin
USER SINCE 4/1/05

Not so simple.  I have heard and read that navigation lights must be coast guard approved.  LED lights don't qualify.  Also, if the bow light is not high enough you could be cited also.  Interesting read here:

https://www.lsonews.com/boat-light-strips-must-meet-uscg-standards/

7/8/21 @ 8:33 AM
mlures
USER SINCE 4/19/10

LED lights on the side of the boat. Simple.

7/8/21 @ 7:52 AM
Cold Front
USER SINCE 7/9/01

Found a longer shafted Bow light at Cedar Lake Sales in Westbend. The brand was Attwood. It sits up High enough to be visible over the Ulterra. Thanks. Mrt.

7/2/21 @ 2:54 PM
Fishn Jimmy
Fishn Jimmy
USER SINCE 7/21/01

Kendor Marine.....  In  Franklin on Ryan rd. has a large selection here is an example below  17" tall

Attwood Boat Navigation Bow Light NV6LC2-14BP1 | LightArmor Task Light (greatlakesskipper.com)

7/2/21 @ 9:38 AM
Cold Front
USER SINCE 7/9/01

The shaft is smooth and round with a guide pin on the side. Mrt.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 14 POSTS
Advertise here
Brand new for 2021, these technique-specific bass rods now feature advanced SCIII+ carbon blank and St. Croix's proprietary IPC®, FRS, TET technology for stunning performance at an unbelievable value. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: ST. CROIX RODS - Victory Spinning Rods
Navigloo has become a benchmark product for the winter protection of watercrafts. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: NAVIGLOO - Navigloo Fishing Boat Covers
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.