MORE
Boats & Motors

boat trailer steps to get into and out of boat

2/12/19 @ 6:44 AM
INITIAL POST
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11

Looking for advice guys. Getting up in age and looking to put some kind of steps to get in and out of boat. I looked at ezsteps. Hoping to find some one in Wisconsin that mounts them . Any ideas I would appreciate.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 39 posts
4/4/20 @ 11:32 AM
boge..
User since 3/18/20

Waiting for my EZ Steps to ship.Was told they're 5 weeks out. Check out all the other stuff on here and I feel ya get what ya pay for. My concern? I have insurance on the boat and fishing gear; but these things look awful easy to steal.

4/2/20 @ 2:58 PM
NAV165
PRO MEMBER User since 5/23/05

I love my Ezee Steps.  Launching Loading or just getting in the boat they are much easier than climbing on the fender.  Might have something to do with my age.

4/2/20 @ 1:25 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

I still do not understand why you guys have to crawl over the front of your boat? Isn't that what the step on fenders are for?

If your worried about doing it while the boat is in the water don't make launching or landing any harder than it has to be, get a Drotto, it doesn't get any easier.

Drotto

4/2/20 @ 1:01 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Quackshot,

Where did yo get those. I like those beter than what I have ben finding on the internet. They actually fold out of the way. Awesome!

Update: I found them on Amazon. Not a bad price either @ $225.

https://www.amazon.com/Quality-Mark-28801-Bow-Step/dp/B007D2N212?th=1

4/1/20 @ 7:47 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

I have been using these for a year now. The my new trolling motor got in the way of the stock railing so I took a handle off an old elliptical and put it in a pipe bender. Just finished it today or I would have posted pics sooner. When alone I simply drive on - climb down the steps and hook up the boat. Shown here open and folded up. 

Kinda pricey but no sense leaving the money to my kid

3/19/20 @ 12:22 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

Why aren't you guys stepping on the fenders to get in and out?

3/19/20 @ 8:23 AM
E-Tec 1
PRO MEMBER User since 6/27/10

My Dealer said Alumacraft does not make steps  on the Eagle trailers the steps are made by HTL limited  Humboldt Iowa

3/18/20 @ 5:23 PM
Carpio
Carpio
PRO MEMBER User since 11/5/17

BA   They can be moved. Bolted with a U clamp. CARPIO 

3/18/20 @ 5:15 PM
buckeye1
User since 4/24/10

Get the Ezee Steps with retractable grab pole. Easy to put on. They guide you through the measurement process so that it fits your trailer and boat. Quality product.

3/18/20 @ 3:32 PM
boge..
User since 3/18/20

Awesome info here,just ordered my ez steps!! Thanks guys!

3/18/20 @ 11:19 AM
Herb2
User since 12/28/18

The steps you are showing do nothing to get boat off trailer at landing? I use a 2x6 plank bolted to trailer frame so can walk boat off without getting wet feet.

3/18/20 @ 10:55 AM
Carpio
Carpio

Hear ya go BA.    

3/18/20 @ 8:23 AM
MuskyManiac5
MuskyManiac5
User since 4/20/07

Karl58, those are Brian's Custom Steps, 

http://www.milwaukeehammer.com/boat-steps

3/17/20 @ 7:54 PM
Carpio
Carpio

bass       if I remember I’ll take a pic tomorrow.  send me a reminder lol

3/17/20 @ 5:32 PM
Carpio
Carpio

Walter and bass,    I bought the one from alumicraft.    It’s worthless, hard to get into the boat.  I’m going to take it off and sell it .   CARPIO 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 39 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE