LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Boat Cover Material ? Top Gun or Aqualon ?

9/17/19 @ 5:09 PM
INITIAL POST
wallybeav
wallybeav
User since 11/6/08

I am looking to get a new boat cover. I have had Top Gun for over 23 years on my last 2 covers. One of the places i went to for estimate recommended Aqualon over Top Gun ? They said it was a better material as long as it was vented which they would install 2 vents using tent poles to keep cover from sagging. my boat is 16 foot Sylvan Pro Select fishing boat. Looking for opinions??

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/16/21 @ 11:37 AM
troutmaskreplica
troutmaskreplica
User since 5/14/20

I have a Sunbrella cover from Carver, as well. Very happy with it, so far....

9/16/21 @ 10:28 AM
eyesman
eyesman
User since 1/7/02

Last year I ordered a semi-custom cover from carvercovers.com. I have a 1991 Smokercraft 168 Magnum. I gave them the dimensions of my boat and the gal on the phone matched a cover for me. My boat was too old to be in their data base to select from so I needed to call them and get it sized for the best fit which it does fit well. The fabric is Sunbrella and is waterproof. I use the cover as a travel cover as my boat is stored inside when not in use. I am happy with the performance of the fabric as it sheds water without leaking. Can’t attest to its durability yet as this is only the second season on it. My boat is a tiller model deep vee. If I were to put all four pedestal seats in and tarp over that it would work as an outdoor storage cover as well, the seats would create a dome effect to shed water and snow. 

9/16/21 @ 7:02 AM
Baumbaum
Baumbaum
User since 5/28/21

Hi, I've got a 2000 210 Sea Ray Bowrider. But, unfortunately, Sea Ray doesn't produce the covers for this model anymore. I thought about a non-custom Sunbrella fabric cover. Just need to compare the prices here:
gioiasails.com
greatlakesboattop.com
westlandcovers.com

Market of boat covers and 2021-2027 analysis research report writemyessayfast.ca

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE