SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Bimini Tops

1/24/23 @ 9:02 AM
INITIAL POST
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

Just wondering if anybody has a Bimini top on your boat, and how do you like it. I have  16.5 lund and they have a pretty nice system that hooks into my tracks on the top rails of the boat. it would be ideal for those scorching hot days when the sun is relentless. for still fishing, it would be fantastic, for casting, I would have to see how far it extends front and back. 

Any thoughts ????

Displaying 1 to 15 of 29 posts
7/18/23 @ 2:41 PM
Wjbk95
User since 4/12/21
That folds down better that I thought it would.  I have a Impact and similar to yours.
Might be looking at getting one soon.
Years ago when I did construction my boss had a deep V and had the fully enclosed cover that completely covered us while fishing Fremont during an ice storm, one of the best days of fishing I can remember and we were the only ones on the river 
7/18/23 @ 11:33 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Here is the setup on my bimini top, still tweaking the way it travels when on the road, but that will eventually get there.
Bimini Tops photo by Sswpriz
7/15/23 @ 8:27 AM
haf2fsh
PRO MEMBER User since 6/23/01
My top has been a life saver in the hot sun past two weeks, although it does hinder fishing a bit. Its twenty years old, paid for its self many times over. Folds down compact ad easy to take off. Well keep you dry also if caught in a quick rain shower.

7/14/23 @ 9:43 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05
I'm getting my popcorn...
7/14/23 @ 8:35 PM
jemstone90
jemstone90
User since 7/7/15
I was out today from 7 ?AM to about 1 PM in a 16' Glastron  with NO top. It was partly cloudy most of the day and I make a habit of wearing ?old thin long sleeve white shirts, a wide brimmed vented hat with a chin strap, and lots of sun screen. I ?caught my fair share of ?fish and this was a day ?a Bimini to would have saved my neck and chest from the sunburn I am dealing with this evening.
Bimini Tops photo by jemstone90
7/14/23 @ 1:10 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Wjb, usually when I use the bimini on the lake, i have mine up all the time. my boat only does 30mph tops, so no problem there. The dealer told me they were good for up to 25MPH.  it does fold down for transport, eather on the trailer, or on the water, it would sort of get in the way if i would fold it down on the water. Im in canada right now, when I get back I can post a pick of it folded on the boat. I would think tht every bought is different tho. 
7/14/23 @ 11:49 AM
Wjbk95
User since 4/12/21
How does that top for your Lund collapse and store when on the water??  I am thinking of getting one one but I would think it’s good for sitting in the sun but what do you do when moving around especially some larger lakes that I’ll do maybe 10-15  minutes doing 45?
5/26/23 @ 3:06 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05
I am still using a patio umbrella. Works well for us and doesn't get in the way of fishing. Started raining one day and although it isn't waterproof it did help divert the water to teh edges of the unbrella. I use tent paracord to keep the umbrella from spinning and rocking too much. 
Bimini Tops photo by jbird68
5/24/23 @ 7:56 AM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02
Got a chance to try out the bini on Tuesday when the sun was beating down.....that was probably some of the best money I ever spent !!!! ?
5/11/23 @ 2:17 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01
First you need to find out who made your top it's usually labeled somewhere crestliner 
does not make Bimini's tops
5/11/23 @ 7:48 AM
fishrepellant
User since 3/25/10
I bought a bimini when I bought my 2017 Crestliner Fish Hawk 1850.  The top has the ability to fold the aluminum poles for storage.  It’s nice because it takes up a lot less space when not in use, however, the plastic couplers used to lock the joints, are breaking.   Anyone know where I can order these?  Better yet, anyone know of better/more durable replacement parts???
2/8/23 @ 11:47 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

bass, I went back to my lund dealer, they happened to have one in stock that would fit my boat, plus it had the SS hardware for the track system. A company called Dufort, out of Canada makes these for lund. and many other brands. Mine cost a little over $1000, you can find them cheaper online, but there is a catch....you need to add the stainless steel hardware, then you need to add freight, due to the size, they need to be shipped by truck, to a location with a loading dock. By the time I added all of that up, it was within a few dollars of the dealer.

I checked a few online with ratings and this was as good as it gets.

2/8/23 @ 8:56 PM
bass423
PRO MEMBER User since 3/1/12

What brand of bimini top is that and how much?  Looks like it would work on my boat too.

2/8/23 @ 8:54 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

I've thought about a Bimini top for my 2009 Lund 16.25 XL SS. It has the rails in place already... 

Then, a few years ago, I came across this pic on another fishing website.

Since I fish alone most of the time and it's adjustable, this is what I'll use soon. Just add an umbrella of your choice. Then collapse it when under way. 

Bimini Tops photo by Fonzie
2/8/23 @ 4:21 PM
Sswpriz
User since 5/8/02

I think this will work out fantastic, with the Lund sport track system, I can take this off in about 2 minutes.

Displaying 1 to 15 of 29 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE