Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Alumacraft Hull Leaking?

9/17/20 @ 2:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BadgerRedd
User since 3/11/07

I have a 18.5' Alumacraft Navigator tiller boat and I'm concerned I may have a leak(s) in the hull since the pump blew out water for about 5 minutes when done fishing. Curious how I can get the bottom checked with such a big boat and no "lift" to pick it up? Limited to repair shop? I'm not even sure there are leaks with all the rain last week but I've fished in heavy rain before without this much water being pumped out. Any suggestions in the Madison area if I need to have it checked? Thanks !!

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 22 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

9/18/20 @ 10:37 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I'm on my 2nd Alumacraft with zero issues... no issues with Crestliner either

9/18/20 @ 10:31 AM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

I sure hope Alumacraft boats are not as bad as people are saying. I just bought a brand new one.

9/18/20 @ 8:35 AM
.Long Barrels
User since 12/9/14

Alumacraft livewells or boat itself leaking.  Join the party.  

9/18/20 @ 8:23 AM
BadgerRedd
User since 3/11/07

Another possibility with the livewell as I was lucky enough to find a few dumb fish yesterday. I will check... Thanks for sharing your experiences.

9/18/20 @ 4:46 AM
fishnhunt14
User since 4/17/07

I thought I had a leak in my boat this spring. At the end of the day I always pull my plug at the ramp and had a gallon or two of water come out. I noticed this was on days were I only ran my livewell. Turns out the hose between the pump and livewell has a small leak. 

9/18/20 @ 4:07 AM
westfieldW
westfieldW
User since 10/9/16

Leak in my boat about a month ago. It turned out to be a broken hose coming from my live well pump. Even with the pump off water was still coming in through the hole in my pump fitting. Put a new live well pump in problem was solve. I hope your problem is this easy to fix

9/17/20 @ 8:23 PM
BadgerRedd
User since 3/11/07

First off thanks for the suggestions I will try the hose/water test. Boat was bought from another individual several years ago and is a 2006 model, I doubt any factory warranty is left. Not panicked as there was no visible water but I did run the bilge pump because of fishing during last weeks rains, but the water being pumped out seemed excessive.  Hoping for the best but fearing the worst, especially with the fall walleye bite coming.

9/17/20 @ 6:55 PM
Arod
User since 2/26/13

My Alumacraft Navigator leaked for two seasons. It was sent back to the factory after the first season. Alumacraft investigated and said they found evidence of mice and said mouse urine corroded the aluminum and caused the leak. They refused to let me see the evidence but they did fix. I truly questioned their findings. The next season it leaked again. Back to the factory it went. This time they said rivets were not successfully hit causing a leaking splash rail. They fixed it again and said it was tested with no leaks. I now own a Crestliner Pro Tiller. 

9/17/20 @ 6:43 PM
Fish Hound
User since 1/29/02

First is dont panic, could be many things!

Agreed, park it on a level surface, disconnect the battery and fill water to the floor amd watch for drips or leaking around fittings.

Next play games with live wells and pumps to check those connections.

Seems foolish but check the tube on the back of the speedo, if it's off it will spray water under power but it would take a while to amount to that much

9/17/20 @ 3:05 PM
Wireline
User since 3/18/02

If on the trailer run a hose to the inside and check for leaks.  

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 22 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.