Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Alumacraft Hull Leaking?

9/17/20 @ 3:01 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BadgerRedd
User since 3/11/07

I have a 18.5' Alumacraft Navigator tiller boat and I'm concerned I may have a leak(s) in the hull since the pump blew out water for about 5 minutes when done fishing. Curious how I can get the bottom checked with such a big boat and no "lift" to pick it up? Limited to repair shop? I'm not even sure there are leaks with all the rain last week but I've fished in heavy rain before without this much water being pumped out. Any suggestions in the Madison area if I need to have it checked? Thanks !!

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
10/9/20 @ 9:48 AM
John Schultz
John Schultz
User since 3/14/14

As the last few posters have said, check the livewell control valve. They are notorious for leaking if you don't get antifreeze in them over the winter. Easy to replace once you get to them. 

EyeChaser Guide Service
(608) 225-2395
10/5/20 @ 8:39 AM
Fin Bender
Fin Bender
User since 9/16/11

First check should be for a cracked remote livewell valve

10/4/20 @ 4:50 PM
sniper
User since 10/17/01

Same as Rizzo. I had the front live well drain valve crack open. It was red with "quick connect" connectors on each end that snapped in place. I believe it was a Flow-Rite. They are used in a lot of boats. I checked after reading other forums. I could access it under the front battery compartment. There should be a small square cutout. You'll have to remove the battery tray to see it. My boat is a Competitor but I think they're set up the same. The valve lays on the floor of the hull in the deepest part of the boat so ice damage is common. I pour rv antifreeze in it now and haven't had a problem since. Even jacking the front of the boat up won't drain all the water from the line. Kind of a dumb setup. Definitely something to check. 

10/4/20 @ 3:07 PM
Rizzo22
User since 1/23/04

I have a 2008 Navigator 16' and it was the live well open / close valve that was leaking.The valve has an o ring and for some reason that came loose,crazy.I took out the middle floorboard and could access from there.good luck

10/1/20 @ 8:22 PM
flatlander68
User since 1/24/06

I have a 2017 comp sport 165.  I had water issues, live well intake loose.  Only happened when I ran the pump   Three times to figure it out.  Late this summer had water again.  Haven't figurered this one out

9/19/20 @ 9:33 AM
Gtuna
User since 3/26/04

I also own two Alumacrafts.A vintage 1966 FD and a1994 Backtroller both are bone dry.And catch fish!

9/18/20 @ 11:20 PM
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

I’m on my second Alumacraft and have had zero problems. Very good boats!

9/18/20 @ 7:29 PM
12packabs
12packabs
User since 12/19/06

I have a 1996 Dominator...dry as a bone.  Never used the bilge pump (in fact it no longer works from lack of use, but I don't care because I never use it).

All the pumps' hoses are secured by hose clamps...check them all for leaks (as already mentioned).  Use standard process of elimination.  Not likely to be a hull leak.

9/18/20 @ 3:05 PM
fltlndr
User since 12/25/02

Thanks guys glad to hear that.

9/18/20 @ 1:22 PM
Coolhog
User since 10/7/18

Been running alumacrafts the last 5yrs.....new competitor is awesome ....

No issues at all......

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 22 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.