LOGIN
Lake-Link

Alumacraft boats

7/21/18 @ 11:21 AM
ORIGNAL POST
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

I am really surprised that nobody has mentioned that BRP has purchased Alumacraft boats. Also, Yamaha marine will no longer supply outboard motors to them. 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 17 OF 17 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
7/29/18 @ 9:50 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Check list prices online! Merc and E-Tec almost same price Yamaha 300-400 More! Where are dealers getting their prices?

7/23/18 @ 8:41 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

When I ordered mine, Yamaha would have been same price. Before buyout. Etec Evinrude was going to be $1800 more

7/23/18 @ 5:39 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Well Tim , I am going by what I see online and what a dealer has told me . From what I have seen online and in the showroom , Mercury is by far the cheapest to buy but you can debate the reliability between BRP, Merc,  and Yamaha all day long . As of last week , when I was on the Alumacraft website and built a boat through their process , only Evinrude, Honda, and Suzuki were the options they had . Before the buyout , Mercury was an option also it was the cheapest, but they had discounts on the other motors such as a free cover with certain packages . 

7/23/18 @ 2:12 PM
Tim Zwieg
User since 1/10/12

Interesting I knew BRP purchased ALumacraft, but in the press release they said you could continue to get all motor brand.  I can see Yamaha backing out.  I didn't realize a Yamaha was a couple grans more on a Ranger than say a Merc

7/22/18 @ 10:57 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Ordered a 2019 rig (3) days after sale news came out. Had a Merc ordered, then was told could only get Evinrude. Was thinking of killing deal, then got call Friday saying incould still get the 150 Marc. Probably only because companies were still figuring things out

7/21/18 @ 12:32 PM
mattw
mattw
User since 5/6/16

Yeah , not a huge surprise also , according to their website,  you now only have BRP, Honda and Suzuki outboards to choose from when building a boat online . From what one dealer told me the main reason for Yamaha changing their policies , is because they are trying  to protect G3 and Skeeter which Yamaha owns . Thats why if you put a Yamaha on the back of a Ranger for example the cost of the motor is more than a couple grand more then say a Mercury or BRP 

DISPLAYING 11 TO 17 OF 17 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.