MORE
Boats & Motors

Alumacraft boats

7/21/18 @ 11:21 AM
INITIAL POST
fishiz2
fishiz2
User since 7/1/03

I am really surprised that nobody has mentioned that BRP has purchased Alumacraft boats. Also, Yamaha marine will no longer supply outboard motors to them. 

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts
8/2/20 @ 9:38 AM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Alumacraft in 2021 their discounted package deals will be the Mercury motor

The secondary options still include  Evinrude ?

Honda

Suzuki

And they brought back Yamaha

3/31/20 @ 4:33 PM
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
BâssÂddîçt ©¸
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

Alumacraft has shut down their factory

Thanks to c-19

8/1/18 @ 10:41 AM
Prop
Prop
User since 4/9/03

I buy from the cheapest and have any service done at the most local dealer. Never been an issue for me. 

8/1/18 @ 8:17 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Third best out of 4. Closer for me also, but had a bad experience with them on last boat. Maybe I'm jinxed when it comes to new rigs. 

7/30/18 @ 8:23 PM
newoodhntr
newoodhntr
PRO MEMBER User since 12/11/01

Waltereye sr how was M&J prices curious because there close to home. 

7/30/18 @ 8:09 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Sounds like I made a good choice. Have had my share of poor luck with boats, and all bought new. This will be my last boat so, we'll see 

7/30/18 @ 8:05 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

Don’s Marine is a prime example of why you don’t always go with the best price. Service after the sale is worth more than a lower price. I have bought many boats over the past 50 years and I only had two really bad experiences. One was Main Marine and Ski in Racine, who went out of business and the other was Don’s Marine who should not still be in business in my opinion.

7/30/18 @ 3:27 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Actually, I did get a price from Dons marine and they were the lowest price,  but ended up going with Skipper Buds. Also got prices from Amherst marine and M&J's

7/29/18 @ 4:11 PM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

I would buy a Alumacraft with a Tohatsu on it before buying a boat from Don’s Marine.

7/29/18 @ 2:39 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

I bet it comes down to what the Dealer sells, Dons Marine in Lodi for example does carry Alumnacraft and carrys Skeeter which is owned by Yamaha , so probably if you carry a brand owned by or has partnership with a particular motor brand , prices will be different . 

7/29/18 @ 9:50 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

Check list prices online! Merc and E-Tec almost same price Yamaha 300-400 More! Where are dealers getting their prices?

7/23/18 @ 8:41 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

When I ordered mine, Yamaha would have been same price. Before buyout. Etec Evinrude was going to be $1800 more

7/23/18 @ 5:39 PM
mattw
mattw
PRO MEMBER User since 5/6/16

Well Tim , I am going by what I see online and what a dealer has told me . From what I have seen online and in the showroom , Mercury is by far the cheapest to buy but you can debate the reliability between BRP, Merc,  and Yamaha all day long . As of last week , when I was on the Alumacraft website and built a boat through their process , only Evinrude, Honda, and Suzuki were the options they had . Before the buyout , Mercury was an option also it was the cheapest, but they had discounts on the other motors such as a free cover with certain packages . 

7/23/18 @ 2:12 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

Interesting I knew BRP purchased ALumacraft, but in the press release they said you could continue to get all motor brand.  I can see Yamaha backing out.  I didn't realize a Yamaha was a couple grans more on a Ranger than say a Merc

7/22/18 @ 10:57 AM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

Ordered a 2019 rig (3) days after sale news came out. Had a Merc ordered, then was told could only get Evinrude. Was thinking of killing deal, then got call Friday saying incould still get the 150 Marc. Probably only because companies were still figuring things out

Displaying 1 to 15 of 17 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fish located by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE