LAKES
REPORTS
FORUMS
TRAVEL
DEALS
SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

Advise on mounting multiple units at the console.

2/22/24 @ 8:32 PM
INITIAL POST
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03

So, I recently purchased another used 9" dirt cheap. Planning on moving my 7" from the bow to console for dedicated mapping while trolling. Put the 9" at the bow and 7" and 9" at the console. I have all the parts to network everything, since I'm a low voltage and network engineer. My thinking is to use 1 Ram Mount instead of 2 with an aluminum angle and to offset the weight favoring the bigger unit. 7" on the left, 9" on the right to not impare my view. 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
2/24/24 @ 9:00 PM
LUV2HNT
User since 11/3/03
Thanks Geoff, but I want waypoints from any unit to store on all units.
2/23/24 @ 1:36 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03
Before you network them all, check and see what the units are.

I know when I got my Helix 12 G4 last year, I asked about networking it to my trolling motor and my Helix 10's G3.
I was told that when networked, the system runs on the oldest CPU, so G3, not G4.

I simply did not network the Helix 10 that was in the dash to do nothing more than map.  I then networked my 12 with my Ulterra.

Works great for me.
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE