SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

9wire flat plug

1/21/20 @ 7:47 AM
INITIAL POST
fuzzyfishin
User since 3/26/07

was looking at my trailer wires and found them to be brittle. I new at purchase I would be installing led lights. Was hoping to not need to rewire everything.

I have a 9 wire plug on the trailer, can I replace that with a conventional 5 wire set?(couldn’t find anything online) and tie the lights in accordingly.
I have replaced one light thus far and found the lower light bar is tied into the running light off the tail lights.

I also may note that I have surge brakes. Don’t see anything that should be tied in to that.

thanks

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
1/22/20 @ 10:59 AM
joebag
User since 3/13/03

That's just the common 4 flat plug.  Each light on the trailer must have it's own wire running directly to the plug, which is not very common.  

1/21/20 @ 8:51 PM
fuzzyfishin
User since 3/26/07

I do have a round plug and a flat on my truck, as well as an adapter from other trailers 

1/21/20 @ 8:48 PM
fuzzyfishin
User since 3/26/07

I did find something about the plug. That it seams to be European. According to a thread I found. 

1/21/20 @ 2:58 PM
Chippman
User since 5/5/06

The plug should be replaceable trailer was probably wired for electric brakes if you have surge should not have that many wires going into plug for trailer have to open it up and see a lot of the posts won't be used.

pollak wiring trailer connectors 9 round dimensions

1/21/20 @ 9:21 AM
nihsif
nihsif
PRO MEMBER User since 6/15/01

there are adapters that go from round to flat, but don't see any 9 wire... 

here's some sample adapters http://www.hopkinstowingsolutions.com/products/adapters/7-blade-to-5-flat/

9 wire? https://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Pollak/PK12906.html

1/21/20 @ 9:13 AM
bassaddic
bassaddic
User since 8/20/07

Never heard of a 9 wire plug. The surge brakes should have a reverse solenoid that you tie into the 5th wire, that runs your reverse lights on the trailer if you have them. The light bar should be running off the running lights and brake light. 

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE