SEARCH
MORE
Boats & Motors

88 bass tracker classic fifty throttle adjustment

10/21/20 @ 10:22 PM
INITIAL POST
Lockholder
User since 10/21/20

Noticed I only get 2k rpms and 6mph. When I take the covers off the motor I can see that when the throttle for forward is a few inches forward that the cables actually move the engine portion of the cables. It has to be 80% forward for the boat to even move. How can I adjust this to see if there’s slack in the throttle 

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
3/18/21 @ 6:50 AM
HarryMazza
User since 3/18/21

There are three contacts on the sensor, "+", "-" and "signal +", you need to connect to "-" and "signal +", from which you will see on the multimeter what voltage your sensor shows depending on its position.

term paper writing service

10/24/20 @ 9:49 AM
Brent Hess
Brent Hess
PRO MEMBER User since 12/18/07

It may be time to replace the cable, especially given the age...

Overtime they tend dry out, and they don’t move very freely.

There should be a jam nut on the cable in the motor cowling.

Once you have it disconnected you can lubricate the cable and work it back-and-forth a few times.

Getting the proper tension can be a bit tricky.  If you’re having any trouble, I’m sure you can find a YouTube video on how to properly adjust it..

Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
ice drilled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE