MORE
Boats & Motors

2005 Alumacraft navigator 185 sport. Where is the Fuel/Water Separating Filter

5/14/22 @ 10:29 PM
INITIAL POST
MindLeftBowie
MindLeftBowie
PRO MEMBER User since 4/12/21

Hello, just bought the boat and was doing my 1st 100 hr service and I cannot find this filter to change. Its not the one in the motor. 

Do you also find that 1 qt of the lower unit lube doesn't fill it? I put the whole quart in and it didnt come out the vent screw? 

Also the kit came with the wrong fuel filter in the motor.

I feel so defeated lol spent too much researching to making sure it was the correct yamahalube kit and cant even finish the job. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts
5/16/22 @ 10:44 AM
MindLeftBowie
MindLeftBowie

Ok well that would explain a lot if this is the case. I looked everywhere and was totally defeated.  Thanks !

5/16/22 @ 9:24 AM
Aluma1
User since 4/12/03

My 2005 Yamaha 150 did not come from the factory with a separate fuel water filter. You would have to install one yourself. Sometime years after 2005 Yamaha started recommending the filter. My 2014 Mercury 150 has never had a separate fuel water filter. I do not think Mercury ever said you need one. Most of the time my boat is garage stored. I would add one if it was docked at a lake most of the time.

5/16/22 @ 8:09 AM
MindLeftBowie
MindLeftBowie

Thanks for your replies

Yamaha 2005 F150LRD

5/15/22 @ 8:23 PM
Quackshot
Quackshot
User since 1/16/11

Not sure if this helps. On an Alumacraft 185 Competitor it is mounted to the interior bulkhead under the rear deck (approx 18") left of the rear battery. 

5/15/22 @ 6:35 AM
Snake1
Snake1
PRO MEMBER User since 1/22/21

What kind of motor is it and how big? 

Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE