MORE
Boats & Motors

2 to 3 gallon kicker tank.

6/23/18 @ 5:33 PM
INITIAL POST
Big Yonsson
Big Yonsson
PRO MEMBER User since 9/29/03

Looking for one to strap in the run my 9.9.Have a 17' Lund.

they have different oil mix.

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
7/5/18 @ 11:59 PM
Master_Piker
Master_Piker
User since 12/7/05

The new ones have a small plastic ball on the bottom of the gas cap (at least my Attwood 3 gallon tank does) that when pushed in with a screwdriver or small punch will allow the tank to breathe. Just a heads up tho...making this modification is permanent and if your tank tips over, it may slowly leak a little. It does not, however, blow up like a balloon or pump gas into your carb when sitting. I like my small plastic 3 gallon tank because it fits in the splashwell of my boat, which frees up floor space (my splashwell is dry when my boat is in the water for those EPA spies on here). 

6/25/18 @ 2:55 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

jbird68 - Was it one of those newer plastic tanks without a breather?  I have one of those and it blows up like a balloon.  I ended up finding an old one with a breather and swapped it out.  Those new ones are kind of freaky to me.

6/25/18 @ 1:43 PM
jbird68
jbird68
User since 1/24/05

Mine set-up is opposite. I have a Mercury Optimax 90 HP and Evinrude 6 HP kicker. I have a 3 gallon OMC tank for the kicker. I put a new hose on the tank last year and we were our fishing a couple weeks ago and it was in the 90's. All of a sudden I hear a loud psssssshhh! I look back and the primer bulb had expanded and sprung a leak. I had gas in my boat and the carpet started to ripple. My point is that if you are out in the hot sun try and keep some shade over your tank. Even if it is just a towel, seat cushion, life jacket etc. Good luck finding a tank.

6/25/18 @ 1:33 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

Ah yes.  I didn't catch that.  I saw a few Mercury tanks on Ebay as well.  

6/25/18 @ 10:27 AM
One shot one kill
User since 8/12/02

He needs 2 tanks  . Different  oil ratios. 

I saw 3 gallon tanks for mercury on amazon  . Maybe they will have what you are looking for ?

6/25/18 @ 9:53 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

I don't remember the exact reasoning behind it but if you put a T in the main line to feed your kicker, consider installing a valve.  I read somewhere that you can do damage to one or both of your motors if one sucks fuel from the other.  The check valves that are in pump ball can prevent backflow but those valves are cheap and fail over time.  Just something you might want to look into if you go that route. 

6/23/18 @ 11:43 PM
musky1011
User since 7/4/05

Just put a "T" in the line before the bulb on the main tank line

Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing equipped by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE