Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
User since 6/15/01
DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 27 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
1/9/15 @ 8:58 AM
PimplySwede
User since 1/6/09
Judge Howell has all the background in wildlife she needs to make this decision.

She's married to an executive producer of National Geographic, for Pete's sake. What more credentials do you want?

12/25/14 @ 6:36 PM
Vermeeson
Vermeeson
User since 1/22/02
When the people have been pushed too far by a government that does not represent them, people will find their own solutions. Poison and traps are indiscriminate about what may be injured by them. Be careful and look out for your best interests. Use your voice if you can be heard, use your skills if you are ignored.

12/25/14 @ 3:51 PM
duckjunkie
duckjunkie
User since 11/3/08
"I've been told by friends up north that the wolves love light bulbs wrapped in hamburger ,apparently it's a very healthy snack for them "

That and the rat poison in hamburger. I know of several friends whose hunting dogs have been killed or sickened by such things. I'm more concerned about my dogs falling victim to that than I've ever been about wolves

12/24/14 @ 12:04 PM
JC-Wisconsin
User since 4/1/05
Even if a person is attacked and killed by a wolf, the wolf huggers will just say that is natural, or there must have been a reason for the wolf to kill a person. Just like the guys who blame white shark attacks on surfers. They say the surfers must resemble a seal or they wouldn't attack. Hey, an easy meal is an easy meal. Predators see something moving and figure it must be good to eat.

12/24/14 @ 10:43 AM
takeme2dwalleye
takeme2dwalleye
User since 7/16/09
We all know what an impact the current Wolf packs are having on the deer population, as well as livestock and domestic animals where they encounter such....and as wolves start to enter into more rural areas with both human and livestock interaction, I can't help but wonder how much braver and bolder these animals will become....I believe we will shortly be hearing of wolves attacking hikers, campers, cross country skiers, maybe even dog sled teams or snowmobilers, as they will all be in the same environs at the same time....I hate to say it, but this type of encounter is probably what will first have to happen in order to wake up the non hunting community. This might be the only way for them to realize that ALL wildlife need to be managed for total balance of ALL resource needs.....

12/24/14 @ 4:20 AM
Trophyhunter01
User since 3/10/13
No its a friend whose family owns a farm up there and the wolves get after livestock

12/24/14 @ 12:27 AM
fishgodwi
User since 7/28/10
Trophyhunter, I'm not fond of wolves either, but that just sicken me about what u said. No animal should ever suffer such a horrible thing!!!! That is just terrible. A wolve just does what it was put on earth to do. B a predator and reproduce. I just can't believe the oddosity of some people. Some people just must not have no morals or conscious at all? Really sad!

12/23/14 @ 5:55 PM
Trophyhunter01
User since 3/10/13
I've been told by friends up north that the wolves love light bulbs wrapped in hamburger ,apparently it's a very healthy snack for them Big Smile

12/23/14 @ 9:17 AM
Dairyland1
User since 12/8/08
Hmmm,

Well isn't this a kick in the groin. I can't wait to see how this plays out over the next couple of years. The only "things" making out in this deal are the lawyers.

12/23/14 @ 6:50 AM
RainbowRunner
RainbowRunner
User since 5/31/02
**Sung to the tune of Barry Manilow’s “Two Ships That Pass in the Night”**

It’s just one rifle that goes bang in the night.

And we smile when we say it's alright.

The deer are still here,

BECAUSE THE WOLVES ARE OUT OF SIIIIIIGHT!!!

It’s just one rifle that goes bang in the night.

Lips Sealed

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 27 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.