Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wild Boar Hunting

9/7/14 @ 6:45 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Capt Oak
User since 4/1/14
I would like to take my son on an affordable boar hunt close to southwestern WI. The two ranches that are close are Scenic View in Monona Iowa and Big Oak which I believe is by West Union Iowa. I'm leaning more towards Scenic View as their boars are supposed to be 3/4 Russian. I was told they release your hog in the morning into a 300 acre game ranch where you hunt it down. I would like to use a bow on mine and my son will be using his deer rifle. Any suggestions or other places to go would be most welcome.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/27/15 @ 7:38 PM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Hey Guys- I'm sure most of ya'll are fired up for archery deer in Wisconsin. I lost most of my mail from messenger and recently checked up here on lake-link. Anyone interested in coming down to Louisiana for some wild pig hunts get a hold of me. Should be a great year. Last year had around 8 crews come down and we shot a total of 21 wild pigs. Had plenty more opportunities and some great trips! I have a great lodge right on the Tickfaw River and about an hour from New Orleans. Along with the pig hunting its awesome culture, food, and scenery! Message me if you would like to set up a hunt or have any questions feel free to contact me. I have a few dates open for this year Hunting generally October 1st - Feb. 28th.

-Cajun-

4/5/15 @ 8:46 PM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
A picture of wild pigs on camera in spot here after the season. Not a shortage of them thats for sure.

1/25/15 @ 9:45 PM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Back at it hog hunting again. Had a fun crew with 3 guys coming down from Wisconsin. We got into some nice young great eating pigs and they missed a few good sized ones. Great trip. I will still be hunting them until March 1st. Message me if anyone wants to come down and hunt them.

_cajun.

12/24/14 @ 8:39 PM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Well got back out in the swamp again with a guy from Wisconsin. We hunted Eastern Louisiana for 3 days. 2nd day we got in on the pigs found sign, wallows and eventually ran into a few. He missed a couple and finally got an awesome razorback. He is getting a shoulder mount. last eve relaxed checked out Bourbon st and ate some awesome seafood. I still have a few days and weekends open for hunts. let me know if anyone would like to come down. -cajun

11/12/14 @ 11:16 AM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Recently got back from a great bowhunting trip in Wisconsin with some cajuns and we had a ton of action. Shot 2 decent bucks and then headed down to the swamp in South La. once again got in there and hog sign all over. Found some acorn trees dropping and tucked right up in there. Heard some noise and saw this GIANT hogzilla come waddling down the bayou. It got within 10 yards and put down this beast with a shottie. Couldn't hardly budge her had to call some extra guys to get it out. Close to 500 lbs. Nothing like a free range wild acorn fed hog to fill a few freezers! Hunting is getting better and better with cooler temperatures.

-cajun

10/28/14 @ 11:21 AM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Brought a Wisconsinite down for the weekend for Packers/Saints game and a hog hunt. Great time. Hog sign everywhere. Took us a little bit to get into them but when we found them we got on them. 2 nice eaters down. Great hunt and overall good weekend except the Packers lost!

9/26/14 @ 10:33 PM
HDBobo
User since 9/26/14
Anybody have information pertaining to wild hog hunting in Southwestern Wisconsin, public or private land?? \Thank You!

9/26/14 @ 8:57 PM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Here are a few more pics. Been hunting them in Louisiana for 7 years. Will save you guys 7 years worth of scouting, hunting, and figuring these pigs out. Awesome time. Awesome food! Awesome scenery!! Big Smile

9/26/14 @ 8:55 PM
cajuncheese
User since 6/13/09
Louisiana.. Awesome place to hunt. Great culture, good people. I have a place down there and bring take people on hog hunts all the time. Went out first time this year. Affordable hunt and fun. Spot and stalk also some still hunting. Took me hour to get into hunting area and 3 hours to get a big sow out. Message me if anyone wants to see pics of my place and interested in coming down. - cajun cheese

9/25/14 @ 12:21 PM
GROUPER
GROUPER
User since 12/6/02
www.bearmountainquest.com www.superiorgameranch.com

Both are located in Michigan and look pretty cool.

Not sure how far you want to go but Ohio and Tennessee have a lot of these type of hunts. Texas has hundreds of options as well.

Good luck, its your hunt. Don't let people discourage you from hunting with your son.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 15 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.