Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

What is your dream Buck ?

10/21/21 @ 11:41 AM
ORIGINAL POST
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

O.K guys this one is just for fun, It’s been the subject at deer camp many times. When you think about that Buck of a lifetime  what kind of Buck are you thinking about? Is it a perfect monster 10 pointer with unbelievable tines ? Is it a gnarly looking Non typical with incredible mass ? How about a unique trophy like a huge drop tine Buck or an awesome rack still in velvet ? Describe the Buck you would love to see coming toward your stand on opening morning.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 20 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

10/22/21 @ 2:47 PM
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

Here’s a few beautiful 8 pointers.

10/22/21 @ 12:35 PM
EYE_SKI
EYE_SKI
USER SINCE 3/26/19

i dream i see a buck!

10/22/21 @ 12:23 PM
.Long Barrels
USER SINCE 12/9/14
I agree the_dude,  big 8's are bad azz

10/22/21 @ 6:48 AM
the_dude
the_dude
USER SINCE 1/10/03

My dream buck is a typical 8 pt that scores north of 140".  Well hell, since this is a dream, might as well say 150" 8.

10/21/21 @ 9:12 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER SINCE 11/29/01

I passed on the buck of my dreams . Yep, I let it go. I even drew back on it and could have shot it easily.  It was Nov. 4, 1995 in Price co. Wi.  It was colder than heck, about 7 degrees and a fairly stiff north wind up in my tree stand.  The  afternoon started with me sitting there and a spike walked by. I was already so cold I could not draw the bow back. The spike takes off and here comes a real whopper. I shoot but missed. It was quite a buck. Then another buck comes back cause there was a doe eating corn. Then a third buck comes, a nice 8 point, likely 160 gutted. I shot it and it tears off smashing through the brush. It made enough noise that it coaxed another buck out of the brush that I did not know was there, likely from having 3 bucks in front of me already. This buck comes out, it had 14 points with a droptine . None of the points were longer than 4" , telling me it was an old deer. It paced back and forth for 5 minutes, not letting the little bucks get close to the hot doe. This buck was about 15 yds. away as it paced back and forth.  As the sun went down, I whistled and it took off. It lived through the terrible winter of 1995 cause the neighbor saw it come into the corn at his cabin the next fall. This neighbor said he has seen it for years, but where that buck goes in daylight, we never found out. The last year, it was missing half an ear, likely from the 3  -44 degree nights in a row that winter. We hunted sheds very hard for years up there , but never found one of his and never found his skull. I passed it cause I shot the 8 and was satisfied with my choice. Just seeing this deer on stand will always be plenty. I figure it was at least 36" high at the top of his back and over 5' tall from the top of his horns. 

10/21/21 @ 7:37 PM
Mr.Seaguar
USER SINCE 2/5/05

Every Deer is a trophy. I've frozen and drowned and been sunburnt and wind burnt and walked 900 miles and ran into trespassers and been run off by cousin in laws. One time the freezing fog was so thick that my ears were covered in huge white layers of frost. My buddies came out of the woods and started breaking the frost off my ears. They got the pickup warmed up and my ears burned so much I never wanted to hunt again until after lunch. My dream buck is anything with a forked antler that stops within decent range. One time it was pouring rain and the two trucks both thought the other guys had me so I got  left under a tree while they went to lunch. I was 14. If I get a shot at a deer it about causes tears of joy. 

10/21/21 @ 1:53 PM
jlkohl
USER SINCE 6/9/02

Jim Jordan buck...but with my Hoyt!!

10/21/21 @ 1:01 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER SINCE 6/12/10

I had the chance at a buck of a lifetime about 20 years ago and blew it because the bolt in the old 8mm mauser I was using was just slightly turned open therefor not allowing me to pull the trigger.  The deer ended up scoring over 190" as the neighbor got him a few minutes later and that score was even after he shot off a tine.  Still haven't seen anything that big since, but have seen some really good ones.

Having said all of that, my dream buck is anything mature that I get with the gun or bow.  I've gotten a few dream bucks already.  I'd be perfectly happy with a 130" 8pt or a 170" 10pt or a weird racked 30pt.  Doesn't matter to me I just like hunting.

10/21/21 @ 11:46 AM
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

I’ve always loved monster typicals, I think this Buck from Montana with its sled runner tips is one of the coolest looking bucks of all time.

DISPLAYING 11 TO 20 OF 20 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.