Lake-Link

Western tags.

4/1/18 @ 12:33 PM
ORIGNAL POST
Western Extreme
User since 12/17/17

What's everyone putting in for?

For NM I put in archery in units 34 and 16

Now I'm thinking what I'm going to do with CO. Probably going for PP one more yr. That will give me 8 for both deer and elk. 

Also heard CO doesn't take the full amount and refund it anymore. They just take a small service fee. Is it true? 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 45 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
2/11/20 @ 4:59 PM
Western Extreme
User since 12/17/17

Now WY like CO is going after out of state hunters. Possibly cutting available tags by 50% and increasing licenses 47% for deer and increase on every other animals 

1/17/20 @ 3:23 PM
Western Extreme
User since 12/17/17

Also I believe now I have to stop in Denver and get a permit every time I bring my gun to hunt. 

1/17/20 @ 2:51 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

CO screwed me big time. I had ten PP for elk, and when I went to use them they said they werent valid anymore since I hadnt applied for a couple years. I thought it didnt matter you should still have them. They also changed my CC number some how so that may have been why, I dont know. Be careful and keep track of new regs . That could have been my once in a lifetime hunt. use them or lose them I guess.

1/17/20 @ 12:39 PM
CatfishHunter47
CatfishHunter47
User since 1/16/07

Western,

I had buddy hunt 74 OTC archery last year, they also are moving to limited.  He will be looking somewhere else I imagine.  While it is a change, I steel feel the likeliness that it will be a fairly easy draw to obtain NR tags or a large number extra tags will be available after the draw.  Either way shouldn't be too much of a hassle.  There is lots of other areas to go out there.

This will be the norm I feel.  As CPW feels the herd continues to go down, more and more GMUs will go limited.  With that tag sales will go down, NR prices will go up.  This will then become comparable to the other cost to states.  They are going to need to come up with a way to reduce the number of people on the landscape because soon/if not already it will become unsustainable.

I hunted 42, and ran into x2-x5 hunters a day for 8 days.  We were 5-6 miles on foot away from the nearest ATV trail and never were along.  Areas like this will be further crowded out when the number of OTC tag holders have to look elsewhere.

1/17/20 @ 11:33 AM
Thump55
User since 7/19/04

Get your wallet out. $100 just to apply last year. Colorado is milking every penny they can out of hunters. Other states are looking more inviting to our group.

1/17/20 @ 9:11 AM
Western Extreme
User since 12/17/17

Anyone one else getting screwed if CO recommendations pass for the over the counter elk units closing and becoming draw units. Most of the 70s units along with 44, 45, 444, and 47 

9/24/19 @ 6:23 PM
bass423
MEMBER since 3/1/12

Well I got back from my MT elk hunt empty handed. I saw well over a hundred head with 3 whoppers but no shots. Could have taken a couple of cows and spike bulls but held out for a good one.  Great week and had a great with my bro. We were offered to come back for the shoulder season in Dec. To try for a cow at no extra charge.

Good luck to all of the hunters heading west.

8/27/19 @ 2:45 PM
dc cady
User since 3/10/07

Hey Rick, unit 22 is mostly private land and dishes out a lot of tags. Once you find a place to hunt it is literally a 100 percent draw. I’ve hunted there 4 other times and always drew with friends and family. Unit 23 is the same thing cuz I have hunted there too. Once again finding a piece of land to hunt on is the challenge.

8/27/19 @ 11:15 AM
rickwalley
User since 9/15/01

DC Cady..........

As a non-resident, what did it take you to either get or draw tags for you 4 guys in that unit 22?  We've spent 8 years building points for an SD antelope hunt, and that wasn't enough for any of us to get drawn.  We now realize unfortunately we should have been focusing on Wyoming for antelope and building points there instead I guess.

8/24/19 @ 5:45 PM
Western Extreme
User since 12/17/17

That time of yr. Good luck and safe hunting for everyone heading out soon. 

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 45 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.