Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Venison Processing Near Waukesha County

11/18/14 @ 6:58 PM
ORIGNAL POST
tripleguy
User since 5/4/10
Anyone know of a good venison processor for someone hunting in Waukesha county? Might be in need of butchering and sausage or perhaps I'll bone and take the meat in. Either way, looking for a place that makes good summer, snack sticks, etc. Prefer southern Waukesha like East Troy, Mukwonago, Eagle, but willing to drive a bit if the quality is there. Thanks and good luck this season! Big Smile

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
11/25/14 @ 9:09 PM
madmerle
User since 7/20/01
Ended up going to Bucky's in Mukwonago for the processing. The guys were nice and helpful. I have not had any product here yet so any advice would be great. They are charging $75/deer for basic cut up.

Karl's Country Market charging $95.00/deer this year!

11/24/14 @ 8:56 AM
ere
User since 2/22/07
pernats ixonia will take deer like there other locations.

11/23/14 @ 9:59 PM
madmerle
User since 7/20/01
If someone just wanted their deer cut up and de-boned are there any recommendations? Don't need specialty sausage or other processing. Just loins whole and rest of meat separate! Thanks~

11/20/14 @ 4:24 PM
beasly
User since 6/12/03
Do any of you guys know if they are taking deer at Ixonia or is that still all done out in Johnson Creek?

11/20/14 @ 12:40 PM
kyl_me
User since 7/21/08
Thanks everyone for the Pernats recommendation. I will likely give them a try. Bit of a drive to pick up the deer, but not too far. Kjw – I have been to Bunzel’s but have not taken a deer there. Will have to give it a try. Chris – I have seen a hand made sign for Al’s (I think) on 74 just north of Capital. I will keep that number if I ever need a deer cut up quickly (normally looking for sausage and hot sticks).

11/19/14 @ 5:17 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07
Pernats, I have recommended them to a ton of friends and family. Every single one of them love there products.

11/19/14 @ 2:41 PM
jjwegs
jjwegs
User since 2/15/12
Gehrings in St. Lawrence, north of Hartford. They have made my hot sticks for the past 5+ years and I think they do an excellent job.

11/19/14 @ 1:55 PM
the_dude
the_dude
User since 1/10/03
I will second Pernat's. They just opened a new store in Ixonia to go with the Johnson Creek and flagship Juneau stores. I've tried a ton of sausage/hot sticks over the years, and Pernat's is simply the best. Plus, Brian and Bonnie (owners) are great people! I gun hunt in Waupaca county, and over the years of taking Pernat's sausage up there to share, I now come home with a over 100 lbs of trim every year to get sausage made for others. If you like a little dryer and smokier sausage, try their double smoke summer sausage. It is really good. The garlic hot sticks are #1 for sure - don't leave there without them.

11/19/14 @ 1:28 PM
Musky99
User since 8/8/11
1. Stoddards Country market in Cottage Grove

2. Detjens in Watertown

11/19/14 @ 12:57 PM
kjw1991
kjw1991
User since 2/20/14
You all should check out Bunzels Meat Market and Catering in Milwaukee--84th and Burleigh. Their deer store is on 78th and Burleigh. I worked there for 5 years and their beef jerky was voted number one in Milwaukee area by Milwaukee magazine, and they use the same process for venison. Amazing. If you have any questions you can p/m me or just call them up for answers as prices and all might have changed since I've been there. They do everything for you and all there and its all home-made recipes. Snack sticks, jerky, summer...

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 16 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.