SEARCH
MORE
Big Game Hunting

Utah Banning Game Cameras

1/10/22 @ 4:37 PM
INITIAL POST
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

Utah has voted to Ban the use of Game/Trail Cameras from July 31 to December 31.

Your Thoughts.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/2022/01/05/utah-wildlife-board-bans/

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts
1/16/22 @ 8:44 AM
Outa line
User since 8/9/21

Agree hookem. I’m pretty sure most states have addressed the drone issue in their regs at this point - making their use illegal. I guess that doesn’t mean someone won’t use em though.

Actually took the scope off my muzzleloader this year just to get back to a more traditional hunt. Ya the tech stuff can be overwhelming to an old timer like me.

1/15/22 @ 5:47 PM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01

As for trail cams in Wisconsin, I don't want it banned . I dont put them out much on public , especially in SE Wis. public land.  I am however, getting tired of finding them looking at me . I found 2 of them just yesterday on public land. People put them in the most obvious spots, us black straps , have the straps blowing in the wind and then come on Lake- Link  mad cause someone  ripped one off. As for me, I just wave and stay polite to tell them there are other hunters around.  The thing that bothers me is the cell cams. There are buck beds that can be found fairly easy in the winter. It would be easy to have a cell cam and know exactly where the buck is , or if he is not bedded down. That I don't like . It would be fairly easy in gun season to actually have the pics go to your phone while hunting the buck. Could even easily set up a drive , or surround  the buck in a drive. I don't like that at all and we all know full well there are very zealous and greedy hunters that would have no problem doing something like that. It is likely already being done. Legal? yes, but very unsporting. Another problem I see is drones being used to check to see if a buck is in a bedding area. 

1/12/22 @ 3:17 AM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

Look up Free Range American Jan 05 2022 Casey Snider. That article explains everything.

1/12/22 @ 12:31 AM
Lectrotech
Lectrotech
User since 11/19/09

I would like to see more of getting back to basics.  No Electronics on waters that don't allow motors.  Learn how to fish rather than make a video game of it.

Don't be misled by my handle, it's 30 years of UPS's. 

1/11/22 @ 8:23 PM
Winchester30
User since 10/20/12

The tactics of some  outfitters such as these are creating entry barriers for many hunters. I am for the restrictions on trail cameras (especially cellular), anywhere near public land. 

1/11/22 @ 4:41 PM
utahman
User since 3/9/03

From a few things read online, reasons are, because some, or one major outfitter is using them to strategically locate trophy animals.... using them to scout thousands of hours that the normal hunter would not have the time to do. It also prohibits the cams on private land, which I can understand because, a lot of these animals crossover onto public. Only 21 percent of the state is privately owned.  That means an outfitter, or any one can monitor  the cam wireless if a trophy is in the area, and if they are in the area, they can get to it real quick. Also even using stationary cams the hunters know the patterns 24/7. The ban is for any nonheld camera.

1/11/22 @ 4:18 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

Arizona I think I read that it's just public land.

1/11/22 @ 2:05 PM
Old Joe
User since 4/12/18

It went into effect in Arizona on Jan 1st. Other western states will follow. Outfitters have no need to scout, drive up to the water hole, pull your cards and drive off to the next one. Next thing to change will be primitive weapon hunts. A muzzleloader that can shoot out 800 yards isn't primitive.

1/11/22 @ 1:52 PM
samfox
User since 3/17/09

The article says both public and private when used for hunting along with night vision 

1/11/22 @ 12:30 PM
drummer boy
drummer boy
User since 3/14/08

For public land?

1/10/22 @ 6:32 PM
madforlabs
User since 12/20/12

Good move! Coming soon to other arid western states.

I've personally seen water tanks in Noth Arizona and Utah that must have had 20+ trailcams monitoring them. A complete cluster****.

One of the big concerns is that with increasingly drought prone conditions in the west, the constant human disturbances around the only water available is detrimental to wildlife. Hard to argue...

Displaying 1 to 12 of 12 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE