LOGIN
Lake-Link

Trailcamera Checking

4/28/14 @ 7:48 AM
ORIGNAL POST
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05
Does anyone use a tablet to check their cameras?

I got a Samsung 7" tablet last summer to upload my pictures from the SD card to the tablet in the field. The reason was I was sick of bringing my laptop out to do it. I like to check at least some of the pictures while at the camera to make sure I don't need to adjust anything or pull the camera since Im not getting any good pictures before I leave it again.

Well I wasn't happy with how slow it took to transfer pictures so I went back to my laptop.

Does anyone use a tablet and if so what brand and model do you use? It sure would be nice to have something a little easier to haul around in the woods that will download the pictures fast. I do have a Moultire picture viewer as well and thats too slow for me as well. Strictly looking for opinions on tablets.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
4/30/14 @ 7:31 AM
Foundry Rat
User since 1/21/10
I use a Fuji or a Casio camera. They both work well.

4/30/14 @ 5:07 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
Sarge, That is a good point. I have seen that with several of the camera companies. I use 4-5 different ones at times. They all act a bit goofy. Had some of the same issues with various cameras. Most of the time it was not being able to view the pics. I have had the best luck with the Fuji's. Not only do they read almost tall the pics. But also normally have the best optical zoom for the price point. Under $100 that is, and a 5x opitcal. I dont format with the viewing camera. I will delete pics on chips taken home from the computer. Then will format the chip with the trail camera when putting it in. Using so many different ones. Sometimes there are problems when changing chips from camera to camera. My cameras are used mostly at bear baits, and never worry about the scent. Only time I am in a hurry to get in and out. Is when I got a lot of baits to check before a hunt.

4/29/14 @ 4:54 PM
DLAMA2
DLAMA2
User since 5/1/05
I get in and get out. I just change the SD card, check to make sure the batteries are not low and get out. Less time the better.

I view them at home or work then put the pics I want to keep in a file and delete the rest.

4/29/14 @ 7:29 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
User since 3/8/04
I use a camera also. just a side note on using a camera. Moultries do not like Canons for some reason. I had an issue with the game camera not taking photos after placing the sd card in my Canon and had to call Moultrie customer support. It seems that Canon reformats the sd card and then the game camera can not save to it because of the new format. I think this is just an issue with canon. Might want to check out the internet for this issue before hand to prevent a loss of photos from the moultrie.

5/10/06 @ 8:36 AM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04
Same thing as Jim here. Cheap cameras checks them. Then I carry spare chips to swap out if there is something I want to save. No way would I carry a normal laptop in my truck checking baits! Fully ruggedized tough book yes. Just not a semi, or normal laptop. Dust would kill it real fast!

4/28/14 @ 8:19 AM
Dirty Jim
User since 2/25/14
I just use a digital camera bought a cheap one just for checking trail cams. Works great fits in my pocket.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 7 OF 7 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.