LOGIN
Lake-Link

new rule proposal change for wi deer season

1/23/14 @ 5:11 PM
ORIGINAL POST
theimer
theimer
User since 12/11/05
are you in favor of the rule changes or against them?http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/wildlifeHabitat/trustee.html

click on executive summary for the rule changes.

I personally against them because I hunt multiple counties and mostly public but occasional private when I have a chance.

to me it seems like a huge head ache for a lot of people involved.

I explain later but what do you think of the rule changes?

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 224 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
8/30/14 @ 7:21 PM
ere
User since 2/22/07
Got a letter today saying that I had been picked. I am definitely going to love this during the early bow season. One less stop to make on those warm nights and a deer to cut up. Not to mention finding an open station.

8/29/14 @ 2:18 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09
Got this from the DNR today (I'm on an email list):

2014 marks the beginning of DNR’s E-registration pilot program – learn all about what this means for you!

Registering your deer just got even easier with e-registration. Wisconsin’s e-registration pilot program is kicking off in 2014, and some randomly selected hunters will have the opportunity to test the electronic registration program. In 2015, e-registration will be made available to all hunters. Join DNR experts on Tuesday, Sept. 2 at 12 p.m. for an online chat. If you have not been selected for this season’s pilot program, please continue to register your deer as you have in the past.

To participate, please visit dnr.wi.gov and search keyword “expert.” To learn more about e-registration, visit dnr.wi.gov, search keyword “deer” and click the link for the rule changes FAQ document.

4/7/14 @ 9:45 AM
Terrific_tom
User since 6/9/08
During the online DNR question and answer session last week it was stated that little to no antlerless tags would be issued for the Northern Forest region. My guess is there will be no antlerless tags north of Hwy8 and very limited North of Hwy 29 to Hwy 8.

4/7/14 @ 9:13 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06
Deer seem to have fared well in northcentral WI here also. Don't know how the fawn mortality rate will be, but at least the exisitng herd seemed to have done decent... Quick question, everybody in my area keeps talking about there not being any doe tags this year in the Northern Forest Zone. Is this just speculation, or is there any kind of truth to this? I thought that isn't decided until after a fawn count is taken into consideration? I did check the DNR website, but that doesn't say anything about antlerless permits, which leads me to believe this info hasn't been released yet?

4/7/14 @ 6:10 AM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11
Summers Off …. saw a lot of deer around Wittenberg area when I was up at the WDHI banquet this weekend. I was told there will be a lot of extra questions about deer management this year at the spring hearings. Big Smile Big Smile

4/6/14 @ 7:54 PM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
Buck You really ought to go see someone....seems like you haven't been feeling. LOL.

Went for about 100 mile ride this afternoon and night. Saw several deer but not very many turkeys. One flock of about 8-9 with two toms and another group of there...tom and two jakes.

Again, deer seem to have weathered the storm. Turkeys I am afraid did not fare as well.

4/6/14 @ 8:20 AM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11
Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

4/6/14 @ 7:53 AM
ihookem
ihookem
User since 11/29/01
JC, part of the reason you are paying high taxes is because of the MFL . This is why I don't believe in MFL closed. It's a sad state when you pay those taxes. My sister had a place on Boot lake northwest of Eagle river. Taxes started at 2700. Ten yrs later they were 5,100 dollars. They had to work weekends to pay taxes. They sold it cause they were working all the time. However it was a nice place. You can't take it with you so if you need to sell, count it a blessing you had it so long. Buy some other place you can afford and enjoy it.

4/5/14 @ 8:00 AM
Summers Off
User since 5/9/06
I agree. Separate doe tags will help. I grew up and have hunted the MFL open and county land in Eau Claire and Clark County for almost 35 years. In my experience I would say numbers spiked about 8-10 years ago.

There has been a ton of logging in both counties which helps to create good habitat for deer. However, I believe one of the key factors to the lower deer numbers is the fact that the counties have built roads and 4 wheeler trails running through every inch of the county forests (in addition to the over-harvest of does, too many bears and wolves being relocated into these areas). It makes it too easy for the two legged predator to get in and set up a stand over bait. There use to be several 2 mile by 2 mile chucks of land in both counties that didn't have road access to them. Now I think I know of one that still remains and it is mainly swamp and has a couple creeks they cant build roads over. Deer need some sanctuaries.

4/5/14 @ 6:21 AM
buckmaster69
buckmaster69
User since 1/24/11
Summers Off…..I think it is legal to hunt turkey s with a crossbow. They passed a bill ……. I think it was called the lesser weapons law. The only thing I kind of support is the separate doe tags. Public and private. Cool

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 224 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.