Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 2,637 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/4/19 @ 11:54 AM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

An so it begins!  Sat this morning with no luck, but bait was hit overnight (930PM, then again about 11).  Had one in at 615 AM Monday, so I was hoping for a repeat of that today, but nope.  Mother Nature's buffet line is in pull effect.  On my slow walk in and out found several different berries and fruit that I never even realized were that common in our woods.  I need to get some sort of identification guide, or somebody with knowledge, to figure out what some of these are an how much they attract bear.  Anyways......good luck to all!!  May we all find one that makes us happy.

9/4/19 @ 7:36 AM
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01

Oops... I always seen to forget about the different zone C rules... Sorry for commenting without proper knowledge...

9/4/19 @ 6:56 AM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Zone c  is open today for bait sitters. Dogs are not allowed in C.

9/4/19 @ 6:28 AM
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01

If you are going to sit over bait, you still have a week to wait.........

9/3/19 @ 9:16 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Baits have reall slowed the last 5 days. These 2 came in yesterday where I'll be sitting tomorrow. Of the 3 baits this one has been most active. With the amount of bear coming in this summer just need one to goof up. Good Luck everyone

9/3/19 @ 12:46 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Mr. Bass

I agree. That's a nice bear!

Big head, big stout muzzle,  and ears more off the side of his head, & short looking ears.

Good luck, 

Big Mac 

9/3/19 @ 9:32 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

So close now you can almost taste it!! Best of luck to all best hunters on this thread. Hoping nobody walks away with a tag in the pocket at the end of the season. Let’s get em!

9/3/19 @ 9:30 AM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Griff beat me to it Mr. Bass. That’s a good bear. Head size says it all..

9/1/19 @ 6:14 PM
clark co chris
clark co chris
User since 4/5/09

The typical slowdown here has begun.  Had pics of four different bears from 730 PM Thursday to 530 AM Friday, but nothing since.  Found a couple of scat piles that seemed to be full of gooseberry skins, and found several gooseberry trees loaded with fruit.  Not surprising, as natural food always dominates, but always disappointing.  Several bears know where the bait is though, so hopefully I'm in the right place at the right time when a decent one comes back around to check it out.

9/1/19 @ 1:21 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Mr. Bass it's got a big melon, sure isn't small.

DISPLAYING 51 TO 60 OF 2,637 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.