Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 7:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
USER SINCE 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 2,822 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

7/10/22 @ 11:17 AM
SPRINGERMAN
USER SINCE 12/22/05

Does anybody know of a bear processer in the florence area.

7/7/22 @ 6:52 AM
samfox
USER SINCE 3/17/09

Not just referring to wolves, but nice asssumption.

7/6/22 @ 3:34 PM
yamatroller
USER SINCE 5/7/06

It's the tree hugging Liberals who get a Judge who puts the Federal Protection back on the wolves who are to blame. The Wi. DNR cannot hold a wolf season as long as the Federal Protection is on the wolves. 

7/5/22 @ 11:23 AM
samfox
USER SINCE 3/17/09

If the DNR would stop protecting predators things would get better

7/4/22 @ 6:16 PM
yamatroller
USER SINCE 5/7/06

It takes so long to get a permit because every hunting group, ours included has everyone in the family sending in for preference points. From the time a kid is born they have an ID # and are getting points.  By the time they can hunt they have enough points to get a permit. That way the bigger groups have a couple permits every year. It's a family affair for most!! As far as bear permit numbers go the DNR pretty much gives out the same amount every year and keeps the bear population about the same. Most guys in Forest County by us all say the bear population is down except close to town. Rumor has it the wolves have figured out how to get the bears out of their dens during the winter. 

7/2/22 @ 2:56 PM
Bowhunting Guy
USER SINCE 5/22/18

Replied, outfishin. 

Does anyone know what a blue tag in a bear’s ear indicates? Problem bear that was relocated, or one the DNR is tracking?

7/1/22 @ 5:22 PM
outfishin
USER SINCE 1/14/13

Always find it ridiculous that it takes so long to get a tag in Wisconsin. Almost every local I talk to is seeing more bears than ever in Vilas/Oneida/forest  the past few years. Is the dnr trying to increase the population or maintain it at current levels?

Bowhunting Guy, sent you a message

6/30/22 @ 8:04 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER SINCE 11/29/01

I have a kill tag in Price or Sawyer co. this year. I started baiting last week.  Should be an ok year and I am not too concerned about what I get. If I get one 150 lbs gutted, that will be fine. Next yr. my son will get one . After that it will be another 10 yrs but I will be 69 yrs. old then. I might just go to Minnesota and use a bait guide. 

6/28/22 @ 11:35 AM
Cobra57
MEMBER SINCE 2/4/18

2 of the 4 baits I have are heavily visited by wolves. Doesn’t seem to bother the bigger bears though. Price county. 

6/28/22 @ 8:10 AM
Bowhunting Guy
USER SINCE 5/22/18

Anything going on out there? Steve White, your input is missed on here. 

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 2,822 POSTS
Advertise here
Okuma's new Ceymar HD spinning reels are lightweight and feature-packed with a corrosion-resistant frame, side plate and rotor. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Ceymar HD Spinning Reel
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.