Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 2,637 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/10/19 @ 8:37 PM
waltereye sr.
User since 6/25/01

That's why I always held off on taking kill tag until year with baiter go first. But I've hunted them both ways. I thought it was fair switching who goes first every other year.

9/10/19 @ 7:33 PM
yamatroller
User since 5/7/06

Talking to a couple guys that were baiting and they both said same thing that baits were being hit good till the dog season started. Both had pics of bear dogs on their cameras and no bear now. Seems like once again dog hunters move in and scare the heck out of every thing. This was up in Forest and Florence counties. I know the National Forest in Forest County in some areas are just overrun with dog hunters. 

9/9/19 @ 8:36 PM
Stratos1967
User since 3/9/07

Jazz, I'm between Bruce and Weyerhaeuser... baits were being hit all week before Saturday, night and day, multiple bears.  I sit Saturday and Sunday and nada!

9/9/19 @ 5:39 PM
cwhunter
User since 9/8/15

Slowed down here about Sat. before season opened. Was still getting 2-3 baits hit a day. Different baits most days. Then Sat. & Sunday no hits. Then today 3 baits hit again. Earliest 8:30 pm. Around a 200lb sow with a tagged ear. First bear I seen with a tag this year. Seem to be picking up bears lately I haven't seen this year. I believe these bear are moving south to the corn fields. Zone C.

9/9/19 @ 3:30 PM
Jzzzzz
User since 1/19/02

Sat wed-sun 7 hrs a sit and nada seen very slow, but gorgeous weather and hunting conditions  but no bear. hunting up near Bruce.  hopefully be back up Saturday after work for a couple days if it picks up again. 

goodhuntin all!~

9/8/19 @ 11:26 AM
Mt Dew
User since 6/23/01

It can't be this slow, lets see some reports. :(

9/7/19 @ 2:23 PM
DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07

This guy is headed right at a tree stand we bear hunt from. Haven't baited for two years but he's just making his rounds

DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07

This guy is headed right at a tree stand we bear hunt from. Haven't baited for two years but he's just making his rounds

DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07

9/4/19 @ 5:38 PM
LUVtheOTDRS
LUVtheOTDRS
User since 11/15/06

Great start to the season with a 302 pounder in the bag!

DISPLAYING 41 TO 50 OF 2,637 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.