Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 7:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
USER SINCE 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 2,747 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

8/28/21 @ 8:07 PM
griff n
griff n
USER SINCE 6/17/11

Wow waltereye sr those are some trophy size bears. We have some good ones coming in but not that size.

8/28/21 @ 7:12 PM
waltereye sr.
USER SINCE 6/25/01

Griff, thanks so much for the updates. So interesting. My bear hunting days are long past. I was able to anchor a 402# dressed bear on bait in 94', and another that was 363# dressed around 2000, that was with dogs. Both incredible hunts. Zone A I believe at the time. NE of Hayward. 

8/28/21 @ 6:17 PM
griff n
griff n
USER SINCE 6/17/11

Went up with some bait today and baited the three baits with our guide. One of the baits was hit tonight just before 5 by a nice size one and a nicer one came in at 6. The other bait had a nicer one which I watched live about 5 min. ago. The third just has a trail camera so won't know until tomorrow when the guide texts, but has been hit every day the last week. Watching live, or being able get on and check the actively all day is awesome. Can really get a handle on what's going on. Last week some dogs were on one camera which slowed things a little but they can't be in C after Aug 31 so we should be good there to.

8/27/21 @ 8:06 PM
musky2day
USER SINCE 8/25/11

Does anyone know where I can find skittles? Have been unable to find any.

8/26/21 @ 8:00 AM
griff n
griff n
USER SINCE 6/17/11

Did samfox but cant send message unless we accept friend request

8/25/21 @ 5:36 PM
samfox
USER SINCE 3/17/09

Griff n check your messenger.

8/25/21 @ 8:59 AM
griff n
griff n
USER SINCE 6/17/11

Guide baited one of the baits at 7:26 this morning. Nice one came in at 8;10 and was chased off at 8:47 by a nicer one. Right now(9:53) there is a sow and three cubs there. Being able to watch the baits live is so awesome, really gets a guy fired up. Two weeks to go, hope this kind of action keeps up.

8/21/21 @ 8:15 AM
griff n
griff n
USER SINCE 6/17/11

Multiple bears on all 3 baits. Coming in from first light until dark. Very little activity during night,which seems odd but very good. Last 2 times I had a tag for C things really slowed the week before so we will see. 2 real nice size ones on 2 of the baits, and one nice one and smaller one on 3rd bait. The bigger one on the third bait is the most regular customer as he comes in every night about a hour before dark. Sure is neat to be able to watch them live.  Our guide has a uncle baiting in B . Was only taking one hunter and he cancelled out. He was going to shut down his two baits so he let my brother and I sit out Wed. night and I had 2 different ones come in and nothing for my brother but the wind was really wrong that night.

8/19/21 @ 12:27 PM
Red Rider
USER SINCE 6/26/01

aye feesh

my guess 329 to 390 ish

8/18/21 @ 8:15 PM
big mac
MEMBER SINCE 2/19/02

Steve, great to hear from you again. 

Good to see that Ol'Mean sonabit is still around!

Good luck this year.

Big Mac 

DISPLAYING 31 TO 40 OF 2,747 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.