Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 2,701 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
9/10/20 @ 11:45 AM
Goosecaller
MEMBER since 7/21/01

Good luck Phelps....

Can't believe nobody is posting after yesterday.

9/10/20 @ 7:00 AM
phelpsguy
User since 3/1/10

Sat for 5 hours in that rain yesturday. It was miserable and cold but gotta try. Didnt see a bear. Hunting in the catawba area. In the stand now so we will see how today goes. Bait was hit last night but not gone.

9/8/20 @ 3:29 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
User since 7/20/09

We went black berry picking this year and it was tough.  Usual spots were sparse and the berries ran small.  Interesting to hear that from others.  Lot of plants, just not a lot of berries.

Wife and I are going tomorrow.  She only can go the first 2 days and then has to work the weekend unfortunately.  So we may not be too picky, after this I would only go on weekends.  Will see I guess, we have one big one coming right at last light on one bait, if we wait and pass up smaller ones.  I'll let her make that call though, she never shot one before.  Not sure what this weather change will do.

9/6/20 @ 8:00 PM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04

RC,  One of our guests this year.  Said he didnt see much either. Lots of raspberries though. Not sure if up here at his place, or southern WI.  Friend in northern MN, has seen very little as well.  Not sure what is going on around rest of the state.  Strangely the baits were very quiet today. Even most of the sows did not hit. They found something. Not sure what.  Found two scat piles recently. One had corn, and sunflower seeds in it.  Other looked like it hurt coming out!

The bear in the pic is Big Momma.  An old hopefully dry sow. I thought she was 2 yrs ago. Having a litter last year.  Don't think she will go over 250 dressed.  Ill try to post a pic of her last year early. Cubs took a lot out of her.  Looked liked a 125lbs early in year.  Hopefully we find out. She is coming during daylight now. 

9/6/20 @ 8:00 AM
river_chaser
User since 10/3/12

I thought it odd that there were no wild berries in my usual places.  Sounds like this could be more widespread than what i am seeing.  

Steve thats a huge bear 400+ you think?

9/5/20 @ 9:25 PM
Steve White
User since 3/17/04

Folks ready??  Looking to be an crazy year for bear hunting! Guess, just following all of 2020!  Never seen anything like this year in my lifetime.  Don't know where your hunting. Here though, there are almost no mast crops!!  You, name it. There is almost none. Should be full of choke cherries now.  NONE AROUND!!    Scat we  have found.  Was either like a huge deer turd. That hurt coming out. Or had corn/bird seed in it.  Baits being slammed. Bears we never seen before,  Perhaps different in your neck of the woods,  Pics are just a couple on hit list this year.  Good luck everyone this year. 

8/24/20 @ 6:52 AM
gotacarp
User since 2/2/10

lot of hunting pages on facebook that have new post daily.

8/22/20 @ 12:53 PM
griff n
griff n
User since 6/17/11

Wow,2 1/2 weeks until bear baiters start and the last post here was 8/8. Its not just bear hunting but all hunting and fishing sites get a lot less posts now. I guess the luster of posting has worn off. or something. I like reading what guys are doing and seeing whatever their outdoor activity is, but I guess its the changing times or something. This is a pic of one of the baits that my buddy and kid will be hunting in Zone B. They have a guide and he has 3 baits going since may. They have been slowing down lately , but still some nice ones on all the baits and at good times. 

8/8/20 @ 7:04 PM
DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07

2 bears again

8/8/20 @ 7:00 PM
DoorTayOutdoors
User since 3/7/07

Wonder if these were mating late.  One 45 minutes after the other

DISPLAYING 21 TO 30 OF 2,701 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.