Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 7:41 PM
ORIGNAL POST
BearHillSportsman
User since 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,653 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS
TODAY @ 3:14 PM
Perchin'
User since 1/24/02

So I had hoped to bear hunt this fall, but apparently missed the 12-10-19 deadline.  So when I am buying my patron's license in a month, is there something different that I do or just remember the deadline on 12-10-2020?  I have 13 points now.

Also, I plan to hire a guide.  With that many points I should have my pick of zones.  Which zone would you pick?  It doesn't matter much to me so much as to go with a good guide, preferably run dogs, and have a good chance at a good bear.

Thoughts?

2/5/20 @ 2:43 PM
RistoRap
User since 8/31/01

First bear tag ever. Zone-A

Know some guys that run dogs up there and they told me to get a tag and come on up. Should be interesting.

2/4/20 @ 2:52 PM
madcliff
User since 4/26/06

Only took one point for my Zone C tag this year! Game one and good luck hunters.

1/29/20 @ 11:29 AM
splitG2
User since 10/12/07

Took 9 years to finally get a tag for Zone A

1/23/20 @ 9:04 PM
big mac
MEMBER since 2/19/02

Anyone have name, number, information on anyone that offers bear baiting in Zone C area? 

I'm in the Hatfield/Black River Falls area. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Big Mac 

1/23/20 @ 5:53 PM
countyline
User since 1/2/13

Drawing results are posted.

My 14 year got his zone D tag.

Cheers

1/20/20 @ 1:04 PM
Bowhunting Guy
User since 5/22/18

Ahead of the Game Taxidermy in Birnamwood. Danielle did a full body mount of my black bear, and has done several other animals for me. Exceptional quality and I would highly recommend. Bears are really her specialty. 

1/19/20 @ 3:21 PM
missedagain
User since 6/1/14

Geez, Mueller’s Taxidermy in Watertown does excellent work at a reasonable price. 

1/19/20 @ 2:34 PM
geez
User since 6/4/02

Looking for someone to tan a hide/make a rug. Any suggestions?  

12/17/19 @ 11:03 AM
percheye1
User since 6/24/01

Turkey posted already I would guess bear shouldn't be too far behind.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,653 POSTS
Advertise here
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.