Lake-Link Home
LOGIN
Lake-Link

Wisconsin Bear Hunting

3/24/08 @ 8:41 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BearHillSportsman
USER SINCE 12/27/07
i got a tag this year for bear hunting and i amm looking for some advice. i am wondering wear i should bait on my land. the last 2 years i have had a friend and a family member hunt the same stand and both have seen bear and got them on the trail camera at the same stand. my dad thinks that i should hunt on the other side of the land which is across a fairly messy swamp. do bears really travel that far and through that much just to get food. any advice is greatly appreciated. thanks. notice the screen name. that is literally the spot that the bear have been seen and that is not a joke. the spot is called bearhill and that is the name of the road we r closest to.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,791 POSTS
FILTER OPTIONS

8/14/22 @ 8:35 PM
Cobra57
MEMBER SINCE 2/4/18

Bob’s bear bait in Appleton area is probably the closest you will find hooked.  I’ve never dealt with them though. 

8/14/22 @ 6:02 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER SINCE 11/29/01

Where can I get some bear bait around West bend , or Fond DU Lac?

8/2/22 @ 7:45 AM
Jzzzzz
USER SINCE 1/19/02

I have a zone D harvest tag for this season that I cant use now unfortunately  I can transfer it to a minor, disabled person, or military 15 days before the season, I know its late in the game.

But Im open to any takers, that qualify???

Thanks!

7/25/22 @ 5:28 PM
river_chaser
USER SINCE 10/3/12

Some big bears for sure.

7/24/22 @ 6:43 PM
big mac
MEMBER SINCE 2/19/02

Griff n

Great looking bear!

Good luck, to whomever harvests him!

Big Mac 

7/24/22 @ 4:57 PM
antler junkie
USER SINCE 8/17/05

Make sure you look both ways before you cross the street.  

7/24/22 @ 9:22 AM
griff n
griff n
USER SINCE 6/17/11

One of the baits my buddy may hunt in zone B. Guy doing the baiting figures at least 400. He has been coming every day and only once in a while is it during the night. Long ways to Sept yet, but sure is encouraging.

7/22/22 @ 10:11 AM
clueless
USER SINCE 10/24/04

Boar and sow. The boar left a bite mark in the tree 6’ high. He’s a decent size bear.

7/11/22 @ 9:31 PM
yamatroller
USER SINCE 5/7/06

Millan's Meats in Armstrong Creek does a great job on bears. They butcher a lot of bears every fall. 

7/10/22 @ 12:17 PM
SPRINGERMAN
USER SINCE 12/22/05

Does anybody know of a bear processer in the florence area.

DISPLAYING 1 TO 10 OF 2,791 POSTS
Advertise here
Lithium Ion batteries provide a consistent speed and torque from fillet to fillet, without reduced power or slow down as battery power wanes. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: RAPALA - Rapala R12 Fillet Knife Kit
It's showtime. We've expanded the performance of our MEGA Imaging®? technology with the introduction of MEGA Live Imaging™?. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - Humminbird MEGA Live Imaging
The Wobbler features a bent back for deep diving cranking action that gives the bait an erratic side-to-side kick. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: OKUMA FISHING TACKLE - Bio-Minnow Wobbler
Advertise here
Please take a moment to visit our sponsors. Without them we would not be here.